Thread: Annoying Calls

Hybrid View

Angry Annoying Calls

Its 1.36 in the morning, I have been getting fax calls from a steel outfit every 30 minutes. Its kinda late to be up considering im not drunk. I called them once a long time ago when the bothering faxes came in. The guy said oh yeah we will stop it, Then tonight every 30 minutes a call from them. What do i do. I really am f...... pissed off.

can you find out the president's home phone#? I emphasize, had the some thing years ago. my phone number was is some #%#$^%#$ fax servers over night autodial, at least with call display you've got a fighting chance, then again you say you know who it is. if you don't, try calling bell with the number and complain like hell or plug a fax machine in so whatever crap they're faxing comes through, then at least you know who to go after
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 10-14-2006 at 06:08 AM.

If you have a fax available, try returning a fax with a short message explaining the problem, followed by a LOT of dark paper. If they use a hard copy for incoming faxes you will use up a lot to their paper and toner. Might get their attention.

Default dark paper

I'd try faxing a polite information message stating the problem first, and request they handle the issue. THEN repeat the message with a lot of dark paper if it isn't straightened out reasonably soon.
    Likely your number is close enough to one of their business partners etc that it is a normal mess up.

Had some friends who had phone numbers real close, xxx-8429 vs xxx-8249, always had to check my phonebook to verify who went with which number.

Ken

I stand corrected. Ken's advise is more reasonable.

I had a business phone number that was as Ken described, two digits swapped. Got a lot of calls for the local concrete company, mostly from masons calling from the field for a load. Rather than getting annoyed, I would give them the correct number. Like me, these were guys trying to make a living, as was the concrete company.

My dedicated business fax line gets about 2 to 3 junk faxes a day. Annoying to have them using my supplies.

Most junk faxes have an 800 number on the bottom to call to remove your number from their call list. Actually, it seems to work the other way around, call the 800 number and you get more faxes.

AFAIK, the only work around is to set up your system so the faxes go into your computer. Verify which you want, delete the rest.

Sometimes I'll be at my desk when there's an incoming on the fax machine. If there's no calling number displayed I hit cancel which severs the connection. Unfortunately in some cases this causes them to keep trying until it goes through.