Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disposing of Home shop

Default Disposing of Home shop

How do you guys plan to have you home machine shop disposed of when you move to great machine shop in the sky ????????????
    Especially if you have no direct relatives who are interested in it ???????????

Thanks for your input. Graeme

It won't matter to me.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

It's a problem. While Evan's right, it won't matter to me, then, I do want to simplify the task for my heirs and assignees if I can.

I suspect that when the time comes for me to go into assisted living, or whatever, I'll see about selling it all, somehow. If I still have sufficient wits about me to do shop stuff, I may scale down to a Sherline or Taig-size shop.
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

I'll keep my Unimat so I can make more than one mess in my hospital bed.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by GRH
    How do you guys plan to have you home machine shop disposed of when you move to great machine shop in the sky ????????????
    Graeme
    Suspect I'll be in that great foundry under the bedrock !

im still young so all of you older folks can just will everything to me and i will take care of it for you.

jason

I'll probably direct my executors to contact this board and others like it. At the very least, I'm sure someone could be found to happily empty the shop for free. A patient person could "part it out" and perhaps recover some of the expendature - my wife would appreciate that.

It might also be nice if it could all be gifted to someone younger who might take it up either as a hobby or profession - carry the torch, so to speak.

Maybe my wife would just put the house up for sale and target home shop types - let the shop convey with the house.

-Mark

to me the great value is in the collection, whole is greater than the sum of the parts kind of stuff. I'd not want to see the value of a lifetime of making collection squandered....to me that is as wasteful. nothing matters when you are dead but while alive think its right to avoid waste. The few grand a used machinery dealer would give seems an insult to the care that went into the collection.

If it wasn't to be one the kids, I'd hope to at some point find a young person who had both the right attitude, inclination and space to put it all and basically give it away. but I'd give it away in drips and drabs forcing them to come visit and play checkers listen to be tell them what it was like when i was their age
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 01-24-2007 at 04:14 PM.

BillH Guest

simple, donate it to me.

listen to be tell them what it was like when i was there age...
    Uphill both ways, stuff old newspapers in shoes, no such thing as computers/MP3/cellphones , gasoline 20 per gallon and oil was $3.00 per barrel, gay meant happy and you never had to lock your car or house...