Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyota racing in Nascar. Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by pntrbl
    I just saw on my homepage news that Waltrip's Camry also had a foreign substance in the intake manifold.
    I'm really curious to hear about the white substance in Waltrip's intake manifold. I thought it odd that the inspectors decided to open his
    manifold, but apparently they smelled something funny in the engine during the inspection:

"In the case of Waltrip, Hunter said inspectors became suspicious of a strange-smelling substance foreign to the operation of the air intake manifold. Waltrip's manifold was confiscated and sent to NASCAR's Research and Development Center for further investigation."

The aerodynamic improvements on the other cars that were already fined and docked race points (drilling out holes in the rear trunk and spoiler) are pretty obvious, but what white substance could you put in the intake manifold of a car to improve performance?

NASCAR fan here since the days when Cale Yarborough used to duke it out with the Allison brothers. After the races!

SP

Quote Originally Posted by pntrbl
    NASCAR fan here since the days when Cale Yarborough used to duke it out with the Allison brothers. After the races!

SP
    Thats when it was still racing,I used to follow it but now it's just a little bit too much Hollywierd.Too much soap opera for me,kinda like watching survivor or occ.

Quote Originally Posted by lazlo
    but what white substance could you put in the intake manifold of a car to improve performance?
    Maybe it was methamphetamine, isnt it also called Speed ?

Default Nascar

I wonder what Curtis Turner or Junior Johnson would think?

John C

Last time they had jr on TV he just smiled and shook his head to busy raising chickens now LOL
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Cale Yarborough, (spelling) Petty.. and others were the ones that I loved to watch as a young man. I could not sit on the sofa and stay still.

I dated a girl Next to Hampton Ga, right there next to the nascar track. We'd sit on her porch and listen to the music good running motors make.

As far as all the foo-faa Rahh.. It kinda bores me.

There is some real Racing in Chatsworth Ga. A dirt track, they watered the track, then it rained, then they were trying to dry it.. ONLY ONE racer could make it around the track. I was cheering him.. Not racing mind you, just drying the track. DOWN HEAH, we call that Red clay.. slippery as oil when wet.

It costs so much to asphalt race, I think that is akin to running Nitro in a drag car. you can put more into a motor than I have in my house. Of course none of "them" guys live in a small house like mine.
    Excuse me, I farted.

Hell David! Down here we race on bauxite gravel
    Just got my head together
    now my body's falling apart

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling
    Maybe it was methamphetamine, isnt it also called Speed ?
    Hilarious!!!

In my subterrainean lair, okay, it's a basement.

Quote Originally Posted by David E Cofer
    It costs so much to asphalt race, I think that is akin to running Nitro in a drag car. you can put more into a motor than I have in my house. Of course none of "them" guys live in a small house like mine.
    David, it ain't just Nitro, it's all "Class" dragracing - fer instance, Sonny Barton, the patron saint of Super Stock Hemi's, gets 85 grand for a SS/AA motor, and SS/AA is only in the high 8's.. This is why Bracket racing is so damn popular. You're not racing the guy in the other lane directly, you're racing your dial in. You can build a competitive car for short money..

HTRN
    EGO partum , proinde EGO sum