Thread: Toyota racing in Nascar. Specifications

Hybrid View

Default Toyota racing in Nascar. Specifications

Engine

Type: Camry Racing V8
    Displacement: 358 cu. In.
    Power: 800 hp
    Induction: Normally aspirated with 830-cfm carburetor
    Engine development: TRD, U.S.A., (Toyota Racing Development)

Drive Train

Transmission: 4-speed manual
    Clutch: Tilton 3-disc

Chassis/Body

Chassis: Steel tube frame with safety roll cage
    Body: Toyota Camry
    Designer: TRD, U.S.A.
    Spoiler: 4.5 in., 65 degree angle

Suspension

Front: Unequal length A-arm
    Rear: Trailing arms with panhard rod
    Shock absorbers: Hydraulic, single adjustable

Wheels and Tires

Wheels: NASCAR Steel 15" x 10"
    Tires: Goodyear Eagle
    Brakes: Cast iron disc with multi-piston caliper

Dimensions

Weight: 3400 lbs
    Length: 203.75 in.
    Width: 75 in.
    Height: 51 in.
    Wheelbase: 110 in.
    Ground clearance: 3.5 in.
    Fuel capacity: 22 gal

Additional Features

Safety: 5-point safety belts, Window net, Fire system, Hood, trunk, and spindle restraint

MY NOTE:
    (LOOK OUT BIG THREE, This one is mostly TOYOTA, not a 9" ford rear axle, OR a V8 stuffed into a front wheel drive chassis?) HOW ABOUT that "STOCK" car racing? Huk Huk Huk.
    ONE american car out there racing, and it is a toyota.. HURRAH...
    Excuse me, I farted.

David, I just saw on my homepage news that Waltrip's Camry also had a foreign substance in the intake manifold.

4 other crew chiefs have already been suspended, mostly for innovative but illegal ways of venting the trunk area, and they haven't said what's gonna happen to the Toyota yet.

NASCAR's cracking down.

SP

Well they are still waiting for the big newsconference here in the Rusted and busted moto city from DCX about more plant closings, another miniumum 13,000 blue collars out of work. And them cring that they couldn't sell any trucks.
    But the rumors in the newspapers this morining is that they are going to sell Chrysler corp. Come in gut it, run it in the ground, and then dump it.
    Payback from WWII
    They still aren't really dealing around here on trucks any brand dodge has close to 300,000 plus stached around here and neighboring states. I called a dealer again and they still claim they can't get a 2 wheel drive PU with out all the stupid 21"rims and wheels and all the other useless bling bling. they can get me my choose of V-10's 2 wheel drive.

It probably turn out to be an oil leak like mikey said the other Sunday. The Frances aren't going to cut and gut the new goose to baddly. The other thing is Ford and DCX have cut the racing money for this year. That's why the cat in the hat is P.O.
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

One hot Camry --- exceptin fer the weight 3,400 lb piggy... If thier useing the proper spoilers there is no need for that kind of glutony - but still one fast oinker... make a huge dent when it pumps itself into the wall

Interesting article (http://www.laidbackracing.com/Articles2007/MM1.html) I know it's a long article but here is a quote that gets to the nitty gritty,
    "Jack Roush was still raising a ruckus about the concessions Toyota was being given on their still to be developed Cup engine. Toyota had spent over $300 million relating to NA$CAR. That's a lot of money to spend when you're not interested in racing in the Cup and Busch Series. We also had the negotiations going on for the new TV contract. What we didn't know was that the deal was sealed when Toyota paid up $93 million to get the deal closed for "favors to be named later" in exchange for advertising with the networks. This did eventually come to light, but as usual, no comments came out of any of the official spokesmen of NA$CAR or their media puppets. Like their attendance figures, all of this was being kept quiet."
    Sounds to me they are buying NASCAR,I especially like the comment one fan made about Toyota being as wecome as crabs at a nudist camp.
    But in all fairness to Toyota,it is NASCAR that should be chastised...if it wasn't Toyota it would be someone else,Toyota just has the biggest purse right now.

Personally, I don't understand why any Nascar fans would have a problem with the one American car (toyota) out there racing all them American company imports. NONE are "stock" cars. Racing sheetmetal only. Not even real sheetmetal. SO, they are racing a "concept idea" around the track.

Like professional wrestling, Nascar needs a enema, Perhaps Toyota will give it to them.

In the beginning, racing developed cars.. they have been racing the same stuff with different sheetmetal outsides now for years.

I have a pretty good idea, Most Nascar fans do not have a clue what is racing around other than paintjobs and shapes. Most the fans I know don't change thier own oil. Or know how. I am sure some out there do.
    Excuse me, I farted.

Quote Originally Posted by pntrbl
    I just saw on my homepage news that Waltrip's Camry also had a foreign substance in the intake manifold.
    I'm really curious to hear about the white substance in Waltrip's intake manifold. I thought it odd that the inspectors decided to open his
    manifold, but apparently they smelled something funny in the engine during the inspection:

"In the case of Waltrip, Hunter said inspectors became suspicious of a strange-smelling substance foreign to the operation of the air intake manifold. Waltrip's manifold was confiscated and sent to NASCAR's Research and Development Center for further investigation."

The aerodynamic improvements on the other cars that were already fined and docked race points (drilling out holes in the rear trunk and spoiler) are pretty obvious, but what white substance could you put in the intake manifold of a car to improve performance?

NASCAR fan here since the days when Cale Yarborough used to duke it out with the Allison brothers. After the races!

SP

Quote Originally Posted by pntrbl
    NASCAR fan here since the days when Cale Yarborough used to duke it out with the Allison brothers. After the races!

SP
    Thats when it was still racing,I used to follow it but now it's just a little bit too much Hollywierd.Too much soap opera for me,kinda like watching survivor or occ.

Quote Originally Posted by lazlo
    but what white substance could you put in the intake manifold of a car to improve performance?
    Maybe it was methamphetamine, isnt it also called Speed ?