Thread: Semi OT: Speedair hose reel parts?

Hybrid View

Default Semi OT: Speedair hose reel parts?

Anyone know where to get parts for a speedair retractable hose reel. The inner hub is rusted and really needs replacing. I could probably make one, if I had some stainless, but not really interesting or worth it if I can get one for reasonable cost.

Grainger's usually has parts for Speedair products.

Thanks.

I'm hoping for a customer service contact, but have had no luck on the web search. They are supposed to be good quality and "rust proof". Figured I might get an updated one that actually IS rust proofed for little or nothing, though warranty is long gone. I wonder what the warranty on a claim of "rust proof" would be? In any case, the galvi coating on this one was clearly not good enough...
    Last edited by BadDog; 02-21-2007 at 07:42 PM.

I was just looking over the lables more carefully and realized it also says "Dayton Mfg" on there. I guess the Speedaire is made by Dayton? I will try and call them tomorrow. Thanks...

Grainger carries Speedaire and Dayton but are not usually the most cost effective?
    "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

Quote Originally Posted by ProGunOne
    Grainger carries Speedaire and Dayton but are not usually the most cost effective?
    In simpler terms Grainger sucks!