Thread: OT; I just downloaded Safari

Default OT; I just downloaded Safari

and Safari so good!!
    (Sorry, I couldn't help myself)
    Apple made their web browser Safari capable of running on XP.

It is fast but the controls aren't intuitive for a bone head such as myself.
    Len

Loads pages real fast, but it crashed on me a few times. Doubt I will use it much though. From what I understand most apple users dont even use safari, they mostly use firefox.
    FuQ

I wouldn't say "most".. but Firefox IS popular with us Mac users, just like it is with Windows users.

Keep in mind that Safari 3.0 is a BETA release...
    When it hits it's stride at 3.1.. THEN give 'er another shot :-)

I've been forced to use Internet Explorer on a PC for some tasks at work.
    Why anyone would voluntarily subject themselves to that unmitigated piece of garbage is beyond my understanding.
    I rejoice when I return to my Macs running Safari or Firefox.

Paul F.

I tried hard to warm up to Safari on my Mac but it just wasn't happening. Too many quirky things with no way to change them. I downloaded 3.0b on my G3 Mac at work and it was unstable and still quirky. I don't like to have links underlined. It's the first thing I change on a new machine and I've never figured out how to remove them in Safari.

I use Firefox normally, but I also use IE in a Windows virtual machine on my Mac so I can read email with IE's webmail activeX control. Much nicer than Firefox for that purpose especially for deleting long lists of machine health reports I get each morning. And for the most part that is the only reason I keep Windows running. I occasionally run Rhino 4.0 but I haven't had time to really learn it.

Edit: Safari Enhancer (Google it) does add additional configuration control to Safari but there's no version yet for 3.0b.
    Last edited by dp; 06-13-2007 at 12:14 AM.

First we have Unbuntu , now Safari. Is all the software being done in Africa now ?
    Tee shirts I don't mine but it's hell working a big CNC in a tiger skin loin cloth

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Tigers are in India, not Africa.
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

John is putting you on. It's not a tiger skin at all but rather leopard. Here's a video of John, operating under an alias, in his natural habitat.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/44090/the_leopard_man/
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
    http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Hmm...looks about as menacing as MY cat and he's dead 6 years now.

Anyway, today is a new day and I uninstalled Safari "toot sweet".

For comparison I closed out of Safari and opened IE. As soon as I did my Zonealarm SS alerted me that SAFARI was trying to access the internet!
    Now WHY would Safari be trying to access the web when I was in IE?
    Gave it the toss.
    Could be nothing but I've got this far with IE (touch wood) so I'll stick with it.....at least while it's still pre-production.
    Len