Thread: Mini V Belt source needed

Default Mini V Belt source needed

I have a Dyna benchtop CNC mill. It uses a Polimax 5M530 v belt. Anybody know a source to buy one (other than the Dyna manufacturer)?
    Thanks,
    Jim

You might look at www.mcmaster.com and see if they have it. If not, they might be able to get it.
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Check your Yellow Pages for the local bearing supply shop -- they carry most of the V-Belts in stock.
    If you don't have a local bearing supply, Motion Industries will carry it:

https://www.motionindustries.com/mot...p/mi/index.jsp

I checked with Motion Ind and they have a Gates equivalent.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Motion Industries carries the Gates brand as well. I really like the Gates PolyFlex belts. I replaced the crap belts on my RF-30 Mill/Drill with the cogged PolyFlex belts, and it really made a huge difference in reducing vibration.

I also upgraded the belts on my Clausing lathe from the stock Browning Belts to the Gates PowerFlex belts.

"Polyflex® JB™ and Polyflex® V Belt Drives

Gates Polyflex belts are designed for high performance at high speeds. Both are ideal for shorter centers, smaller-diameter sheaves and larger ratios. They are precisely manufactured to provide less vibration and run smoother on high-precision applications like machine tools and computer accessories. The belts also resist flex fatigue, heat, abrasion, ozone and other tough environmental conditions. "

http://www.ebatmus.com/

I ordered a small belt for my mini lathe from this company and had good service. Your mileage may vary though. Good luck.
    Jonathan P.

Another vote for www.ebatmus.com . They are fast with shipping and have good prices. I have ordered many Gates polyflex V belts from them.
    Steve