Thread: Sino Sds2-2m Dro

Default Sino Sds2-2m Dro

I have a Sino SDS2-2M Digital Readout on my Bridgeport Mill and i am trying to do "PCD Circle Equally Dividing ". Are there other members here that have this DRO that might help me with this, and i do have the book that came with it. I cant understand how to use the DRO right. Thanks
    The whole is greater then the sum of the parts.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard
    I have a Sino SDS2-2M Digital Readout on my Bridgeport Mill and i am trying to do "PCD Circle Equally Dividing ". Are there other members here that have this DRO that might help me with this, and i do have the book that came with it. I cant understand how to use the DRO right. Thanks
    Had one, but sold it with my other mill. It takes a little trial and error, but once you get if figured out, it works like a charm. I just stuck a lead pencil in the chuck, and used masking tape to hold a piece of cardboard to the table and did the trial and error thing, taking notes as I went. It is a super nice DRO, and I am going to put one on my present machine.
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Amateur Machinist

Default Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard
    Not sure if I am doing this correctly, I used the reply button. If you are doing PCD circles you, or anyone else, could possibly explain what the resolution setting is for on a sino DRO. Took a very long time to install and the instructions for using it are mostly a puzzle to me. No surprise there live is mostly a puzzle to me. Thanks

Default SDS2-2M Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by gr8life
    Not sure if I am doing this correctly, I used the reply button. If you are doing PCD circles you, or anyone else, could possibly explain what the resolution setting is for on a sino DRO. Took a very long time to install and the instructions for using it are mostly a puzzle to me. No surprise there live is mostly a puzzle to me. Thanks
    After doing it over and over again, i have my resolution set in the instructions on page 2 "Setting of System" number 1, 5- x RESLN, #2 5- Y RESLN, #4 0- X- DIR, 0- Y- DIR, #8 TEST OFF... This is how my DRO reads moving the dial on the table on my Bridgeport, 0.055= 0.05500 on the DRO, moving the dial 0.250=0.22500 on the DRO, and moving the dial 1 inch the reading on the DRO is 1.00000. At one time the DRO was reading in feet, 1foot was = 1.00000 on the DRO.
    The whole is greater then the sum of the parts.