Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Score!

Thumbs up Score!

This doesn't match most of the nice finds that have been posted here before, but it's a personal best. They opened a new Harbor Freight in my town and they had mislabeled this grinder pedestal:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

I got it for $23.99 instead of $46.99. Needless to say, I left there grinning. Now I just need to get one of the carbide grinders to put on it.

Stuart

edit: The link doesn't seem to work, but the item number is 7240-0VGA

Wink

All you need is a half decent grinner(grinder) and your set!!

Nice one!
    Peter
    I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Hmm, It seems to me you'd have something to brag about if you'd informed the store that they'd made an error, and then paid the correct price.

Knowingly taking advantage of this kind of pricing error is just about the same as accepting an extra $20 bill in your change, don't you think?
    Cheers,

Frank Ford
    HomeShopTech

IOWOLF Guest

Frank, I think so also.

Way to Go, Stuart. I would have done the same, without Blinking.

Just Too many Hypocrites in the world.

I did tell the store manager. He had to go get the stand from the back and I pointed out that the two stands on display, a cheap one and the one I got, were labeled with the same product code, specs, and price despite their obvious differences. He brought out the one I wanted and I asked him how much it was and he said he'd give it to me for the price on the label.

I don't see anything morally reprehensible about this, espeically if the manager was involved in setting the price. It's a very different scenario than getting extra $20 from your change since in that case only one party is aware of the mistake.

If the transaction is done without any cover of deceit or misrepresentation, then I don't see anything unethical about it.

In the Uk if its labelled wrong its the shop that looses, I think thats why most items are not priced just bar coded so if the price rises then all the items with that bar code get the increase. I can remember looking through items for ones with an old price tag on them and getting it at that price.
    As I see it if they employ cheap staff then its their cheap sket ways that loose them the money after all in this world you useually ony get what you pay for!!

Peter
    I have tools I don't know how to use!!

I'm with Frank Honesty has always paid for me thus far.Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

IOWOLF Guest

SO, Where was the Dishonesty here?

I don't know about US laws,but here in NZ,the shop is required to sell you the item at the advertised price.This includes the price marked on shelf or stand in the shop,mistake or not.
    Stuart did the decent thing and advised the manager of his mistake.Therefore there was no dishonesty involved.
    Good spotting,Stuart.
    Hans