Thread: TE-CO (slot question)

Default TE-CO (slot question)

Hi,

I can't see to find the correct SIZE based on the specs listed on the dealer sites. I need to order some TE-CO's for my 12" Bison RT. I wasn't smart enough buy them when I purchased the RT. <duh> The "top of the slot" in the RT measures 15/32" in width, the bottom where the t-nut goes measures 25/32" and the overall height is 26/32". I'm also not smart enough to figure out what size T-slot nuts to buy? Do sizes go by the top slot or the bottom T-slot? Looks like the ones below are a touch to large in some measurements (like the base width and overall height)?

The TE-CO specs for a 1/2" are:

3/8-16 FOR 1/2 SLOT USA T-SLOT NUT TAPPED THRU
    Type: Tapped Thru
    Slot Width (Inch): 1/2
    Thread Size: 3/8-16
    Slot Height (Inch): 9/32
    Overall Length (Inch): 7/8
    Overall Height (Inch): 1/2
    Base Width (Inch): 7/8
    Material: Carbon Steel
    Finish/Coating: Black Oxide
    Manufacturer Part Number: 41405T

Are these the correct ones I need?
    -SD:
    Last edited by Smokedaddy; 02-16-2008 at 03:48 PM.

SD,

The information I have says that 3/8 T-slots will be .438 - .448 wide at the top and .719 - .781 wide at the bottom so those should be the ones you want. I think the 7/8 figure is probably how long they are.

Enco and others often have specials on T-bolt sets. Probably imports, but mine have worked for everything I've needed.

JM
    "I am often asked how radio works. Well, you see, wire telegraphy is like a very long cat. You yank his tail in New York and he meows in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? Now, radio is exactly the same, except that there is no cat." : Albert Einstein

RT t-slots seem to be oddball. Your dimensions sound like my Troyke's. I ended up making some. Easy enough to do especially if you do a long section of tee before cutting them up to length.
    Jon Bohlander
    My PM Blog

Sounds as though they may be 7/16" T-slots. Reid Tool sells 7/-16" T nuts. www.reidtool.com
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Thanks for the help ...

-SD:

I was thinking about enlarging the slots on my Hendey Shaper till I noticed that jtsmachine.com has them in stock. So I'm going to get some to make up a set of holds for it.

If you go to there site you can get there big catalog.Not related to them or nothing else, Just a satisfied costumer..