Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 6-48 screws

Post Looking for 6-48 screws

Iam new around her though i have been reading the posts for soem time. Can anybody give me some input on wher I might be able to purchase 6-48 torx or socket cap screws. I've tried all the usual places (KBC, ENCO, H.D) to no avail.

I appreciate your help
    Michael

Those are oddball screws.

You'll either have to make them or have them made for you.

There's not even a metric equivalent that close.

There might be an optical or fire arms screw that will work but you'd have to scrouge them up.

Brownells( www.brownells.com )has them in their catolog.Some are in a kit with replacments priced at $5.17 per dozen.(Brownells Socket Head(or Torx)Scope Base Screw Kit).The others are a B-Square socket head screw assortment priced at $7.65 per dozen.The longest screws are .550" in B-Square and 9/16 in the Brownells brand.You might try Mc Master Carr.(MSC doesn't catalog them either.)
    Good luck,Robert.

I didn't take note if you indicated what length you needed, but despite that, I recently picked up a 100 6-48 socket head cap screws. Off hand don't remember what length they are, but will check. If what I have will help you, we should be able to work something out. Contact me off board.

------------------
    John B
    John B

heck. Goes to show what I know. I'd have bet 6-48 was too fine even for gun screws.

Oh well.

Next blurt? Film at eleven.

Actually Forrest,they are a common size for scope mounts.Mostly they are used on scope rings that aren't that thick so they use those to get one or two more threads.
    Robert.

Michael

Try Micro Fasteners http://www.microfasteners.com/
    or Small Parts
    http://www.smallparts.com/

Micro has some good prices and great selection of really hard to find stuff.

Thrud, Then again, he could just contact me as I've got a box full in the shop.

------------------
    John B
    John B

I screwed up! I check my stuff and I don't have any 6 -48's on hand. sorry about that! Guess it's time to increase my Geritol doseage!!!!!
    John B

Geritol! That was for "tired blood" wasn't it? I always wondered how your blood could become "tired". And before that there was Hadecol. Of course nowadays we're too sophisticated for stuff like that. Plus, now we have "Herbal Supplements", so we don't need the snake oil anymore.