Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My President has Died

IOWOLF Guest

Unhappy My President has Died

Charlton Heston has passed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/mo...f24&ei=5087%0A

I will miss him.

I have missed him. Alzheimer's is a terrible way to go.

Clutch

NRA Life

IOWOLF Guest

Yea, It's hard to keep someone from getting your gun from "your cold dead hands" when you forgot where you put it.

An amazing man and an amazing career. He was a hard worker in the battle to protect the 2nd Amendment. I just wish that other public figures would step up to be the face to protect some of our other guaranteed rights that have been trampled on lately. I guess that Sunday dinner will be meatloaf, chocolate milk, and soylent green in memory of some of our friends that have passed.

Good Grief: Don't you guys have any good news today.

Ross
    GUNS Don't kill people
    Drivers using cell phones do.

How sad. It can't have helped him in the Hollywood community to serve with the NRA as president, but he did it because he believed in it.

I saw just a clip from Bowling for Columbine which served to make it even more clear what a butt wipe Michael Moore (not our Michael Moore )is. He attempted a "knock on the door" interview with a clearly already Alzheimer's affected Mr. Heston. The attempt was to make him look like a boob. Instead, in my opinion, it backfired and showed what a jerk Moore is.

On another topic, I am increasingly saddened as we loose great actors. Who is a Charlton Heston today (or Jimmy Stewart, or John Wayne) etc.? I was disappointed to see what AMC (formerly American Movie Classics) has turned into starting a few years ago. They quit playing true classic movies or at least started moving mostly to modern low-quality stuff. They added commercials etc. What do you expect from a network owned by MTV I suppose? I digress, but its getting increasingly hard to find venues to watch a great old movie with a star like Heston, Wayne, Stewart etc.

Paul
    Paul Carpenter
    Mapleton, IL

Hopefully not to drift the thread too far but as far as actors go, could you imagine Sean Penn fighting for his country? How about the Clooney guy?

During WWII most of the real men in hollywood showed up to defend this country. Hell, how about that baseball player Ted Williams? He showed up twice to defend this country leaving the big money of baseball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_heston

In case you are wondering, he served during WWII.

Clutch

tony ennis Guest

could you imagine Sean Penn fighting for his country? How about the Clooney guy?
    That they are so against certain other people having a chance to live in a society where citizens can speak their minds tells you all you need to know.

tony ennis Guest

was John Wayne in service during the war?Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease