Thread: My little gloat - there are still bargains around

Default My little gloat - there are still bargains around

I've struggled quite a few times over the years for want of some decent heavy duty pulling equipment, especially so last year. I looked at hiring stuff, couldn't find anything guaranteed to be better than what I had, and buying new was way out of the question.

Got this last week in an online auction, it's 20 miles away:-

http://www.goindustry.com/en/marketp...ls-1331386.asp

I was up to my ears on viewing day, so didn't go & only had the pictures to go on.
    There only seemed to be one other bidder, I got it for the reserve, in fact it looked as though they dropped the reserve near the end.
    Went to collect this morning, not thinking too hard about it, just a few puller bits to throw in the back of the car. Doesn't look much in the pics, does it?
    Arrived there, the guys said "this'll be fun!" and wheeled out a pallet with three large wooden cases, each of them I could only just lift one end off the ground. Total weight I'll guess at 900 pounds, the poor estate car sagged a bit
    Included is a brand new 50 ton hydraulic puller kit with hollow ram, strongback, 10000 psi hand pump etc, along with three large/very large bearing separators, 3-leg puller attachment, extenders, internal puller etc etc.
    New price today of at least 3,500 and the critical hydraulic stuff is all unused.
    One big drawback, as I hadn't really though through the scale of it all, where the f*ck do I put it??

Oh, & the ram wouldn't be any good for a log splitter, only 3" stroke & single acting

Tim

Ain't it great to grab a good'un once in awhile?....It's like your getting "Andy Worhols" (sp) 15 minutes of fame.....

Maybe you could borrow some floor off Sir John

Dave

Are you going to have to change professions to use it to potential? Corngrats on the score.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Old Dog
    Are you going to have to change professions to use it to potential? Corngrats on the score.
    So long as it gets used average once a year, & so long as I can find somewhere sensible to keep it (working on that this evening), I reckon it'll be money well spent. Should still be worth what I paid when I retire It would certainly be good to get it earning money more regularly, I'll be letting a few people know that the gear is available. I'm the wrong age to be lugging that sort of heavy gear around on a daily basis, though

Tim

Oh, & the ram wouldn't be any good for a log splitter, only 3" stroke & single acting

Used one of those to put a flywheel back onto a 100 ton press. Congradulations on your find.