Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures with photobucket

If I have understood correctly here, I can not upload pictures to this forum.

I can link to photos stored elsewhere, such as Photobucket or Picasa, only.

I can't just upload from my computer and have them stored on this site, correct?

If that's true, I have to ask, why?

Most of the time, any photo linked to photobucket over about 2 years old, is broken. When people move their photos around, the links no longer point to the right place. This is inevitable.

That means that loss of reference pictures is inevitable. Why is that SOP here? Is it a cost thing?

Katou

I can link to photos stored elsewhere, such as Photobucket or Picasa, only.

I can't just upload from my computer and have them stored on this site, correct? If that's true, I have to ask, why?
    Because this site is heavy on pictures. If you were able to upload the pictures here they would greatly slow down the server here. The load would increase by a factor of at least 100, perhaps as much as 1000.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

I cant seem to find the right link in photo bucket to place the image in the message. Any pointers? I copy and pasted the link next to "img". Is there something I need to modify to include the image?

on the smaller picture ..the thumbnail

when you mouse over it ..a gear cog appears in the right hand top of the smaller picture

mouse over the gear cog and another menu appears ..choose get links press left mouse button ..and then the links appear

there are four types of links,
    mouse over the bottom one that says "IMG codes"

click left mouse once and the link will be copied automatically

all the best...markj

Excellent! thanks for the help markj!

Default Test

Test photo

gotta hand it to you guys. I have tried everything. Cant they just use the KISS system why cant one right click and send I'll never know. A url whats that were do I find it. the url is my pic? so I type Url 1132 lathe or make up something. no clue

They have made some changes. Currently, if you double click the picture you want to post a new page comes up. on the right is a box with different forms of linking. Left click on the IMG line and it should show that it has been copied. You can then "paste" that line in your posting.

Try it here first.
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by big job View Post
    gotta hand it to you guys. I have tried everything. Cant they just use the KISS system why cant one right click and send I'll never know. A url whats that were do I find it. the url is my pic? so I type Url 1132 lathe or make up something. no clue
    Also find a post with a photo and click reply Reply With Quote. You will be able to see what the link that person used looks like. Just hit Cancel to leave the reply.

drop box test
    Last edited by ironmonger; 07-02-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    Corollary to Murphy's Law: Paul's Law
    'You can't fall off the floor.'

Remember, just because you can doesn't mean you should...