Thread: Lincoln Weldpac 155

Hybrid View

Unhappy Lincoln Weldpac 155

I have had a Lincoln Weldpac wire feed 155 for probably 5-6 years and it has worked fine, now it is acting up and seems to want to weld fine at times and at others it seems if running on a low setting to want to be way too hot!
    I do not really understand just what is happening but something is not right at all? If I turn it off and re start then at times it will be fine?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Dee

Maybe you have a bad wire speed control board or control pot. Thats the only thing I can think of. The transformer is tapped on that model so thats pretty much foolproof.

gnm109 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by macona
    Maybe you have a bad wire speed control board or control pot. Thats the only thing I can think of. The transformer is tapped on that model so thats pretty much foolproof.

I agree on that. It could be checked with a VOM to see if the pot(s) have gotten dirty or are failing. Those machines are fairly simple in the tapped version.

I would just replace the pot. They are a cheap conductive plastic type. If you do use a VOM you really need to use an analog meter type to see any glitches.

Macona
    I am electrically challenged do I just pull it out unsolder the connections,
    And replace it with another? Do they have numbers on them so I know what I am looking for at Radio Shack?
    Guess That sounds really dumb, but I don't know how else to say it?
    Dee

Yeah, you can just unsolder the old one and install a new one. Nest thing would be to order a replacment pot from Lincoln. They are not that expensive, even from them.