Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mistakes

Post Mistakes

I had a reassuring thought this morning. If you accept the theory that we learn from our mistakes, and I believe that to be true, then it shouldn't be too much longer now before I know everything! Of course, I could be mistaken.

"He never makes the same mistake twice. He's made all of them once, however."

"Blessed is he who can learn from the mistakes of others, because we will never live long enough to make them all ourselves."
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

I believe I have made a mistake but I don't htinl it ras wecently.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Had an old plant manager, he's dead now. He used to say " if you don't make a mistake now and then your not working"

Just a thought that came to mind!

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela

There's nothing like the old-timer plant manager.
    One day a guy had managed to tip a crane over on it's side. The plant manager walked up and asked if anybody got hurt. When told no, he commented that he had always wondered what the bottom of the crane looked like and he walked away chewing on his ever-present big stogie.
    The guy who tipped the machine over did get the dirtiest worst jobs for a while.

Les

My Daddy always said you learn by trail and success rather trail and error.

Talking

Yeah, I've always felt 'trial and error' was overrated.

Of course there's another school of thought that advocates making all the possible errors early on, and get them out of the way so only success is left. (...but I always found the list of possible errors can be mighty long..)

I worked at a glove factory for a while. It had some large presses (long.... ago) for cutting material. Experience was looking at the pressmen with missing fingers - to know that you REALLY pay attention to the foreman when he explains how to operate the machines safely.

He knew what he was about. Some experiences you don't need.

-- jr
    dvideo