Thread: Briggs and Stratton Mounting Pattern

Default Briggs and Stratton Mounting Pattern

Hey guys - I'm looking for a sketch of a 600 series vertical shaft lawnmower engine. I need to know mounting bolt pattern and I know I've seen a sketch somewhere, but haven't been able to turn one up on google.

In the past, I've just welded tabs in place and called it good enough but this time I need to mesh the crankshaft with an input shaft and there is not alot of room for error. Any "mis-location" will prevent my clutch from working correctly.

Anyway, if anyone happens to have a sketch or knows where to find one, I'd certainly appreciate it!

(p.s. - these are goofy patterns. It looks like they are on maybe a 4" BHC but they do not appear to be evenly spaced. Something like 90* and 110* between them.)

IIRC, the mounts for small industrial engines are called out in an SAE (?) spec.
    When I was go kart racing I had the info.....don't know where it is now.

Rex

I don't have info that goes back far enough to include the 600 series Briggs but I do have drawings for the newer stuff. All the vertical shaft engines have the same pattern so I am sure this will help you. It is a 36 Meg PDF file. If you give me your e-mail I can send it to you.

This may help:
    http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/drawings/

I think the 600 series is 11.57 cubic inch displacement, which means the first two digits in the model number are 12. So, I think this is the drawing you need:
    http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/...129800spec.JPG

Please use due diligence to verify this info.

Roger
    Last edited by winchman; 12-20-2008 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks! I've got it drawn up in Autodesk Inventor now.

Friggin file is too large to e-mail. Anyone know how to send part of a PDF file? Any other ideas? I would like to make this available to anyone that is interested.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter
    Friggin file is too large to e-mail. Anyone know how to send part of a PDF file? Any other ideas? I would like to make this available to anyone that is interested.

Can't help you with the tech stuff, but no need to worry about it on my account! It turns out that the 600 series has the same mounting pattern as the larger single cylinder ones, too. (the 700 or 800?). Anyway, I've got what I need. Thanks for going through all the trouble, though!

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter

Check your settings. I just created 2 pdfs, a 38k dwg became a 35k pdf, and a 463k dwg was a 52k pdf.

If you only want to send an image that is in a PDF file... you can do a screen capture.

make the PDF reader window maximum size... then bring up the image you want to send someone else. Use the zoom feature to fill the screen with the image. Then to capture the image, use Alt-Printscreen.

Open Microsoft Word, or Powerpoint, or whatever program that you would normally insert images and PASTE the screen capture into the program. Save the file and send the file... it will be much smaller than if you do it through PDF.