Thread: Teardown of a Palmgren Rotary Table for cleaning.

Default Teardown of a Palmgren Rotary Table for cleaning.

I've recently purchased an old 8" Parlgren rotab.with the X and Y crosslide table built into it.
    It needs a good cleaning to be in near perfect condition and I would also like to stone the surfaces while I have it appart. I have the lower end (X&Ystage) apart and I can clean the gunk out of most of the inside. However, the inside end of the worm gear shaft feels "gummy" for a better word, and I don't seem to see how the top table part would come apart. I would realy like to get in there and clean it out rather the just soaking it in the parts washer and hoping I got everything. Anyone ever have one apart?

Check in the T slots for four socket head screws, mine has them and that's what holds the table to the gear. Takes out the screws and pull the table off, the rest will reveal itself.

Joe
    "I am not academically qualified. I am what I call QBE - thatís my degree - Qualified By Experience."

Rupert Neve, Audio Technology Magazine Issue 1, March 1998

Thanks Joe. I had already removed two shcs from the T-slots. I read your reply and went to dig for more. Although I didn't find two more screws, I did find that the table was pinned to the gear with two pins that were flush ground with the bottom of the T-slots. I ran a 3/8 x 1" bar into the base of the T slot ,and a coulped taps with the rawhide mallet and off it came.

Thanks for the Info.
    Mike