Thread: Air guns

Hybrid View

Default Air guns

I can't remember if I posted these photos before so please excuse me if I did.

This gun started off as a Crosman 2240 pistol. The tube was changed out to one from a 2260 and I built the beech and barrel assembly. The stock was custom built my a friend from Toronto.

In it's original form the pellet was pushed into the breech by a bolt. It passes over the top of the air transfer port and, in the process, is sometimes damaged. To eliminate this problem I borrowed the idea of a sliding barrel.

The photos should make the loading process clear. Raise what looks like a bolt handle, push it forward (the whole barrel slides), load pellet into the barrel (like a break barrel spring gun), draw back and lock down the handle, cock and shoot.

Here is a photo of the muzzle with the breech open,,,,

To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Here is another,,, This one started off as a Chinese built QB 78.

Some of my pistols,,,,,,,,,,

My favorite, a Crosman 2240 converted to .25 cal with a custom built barrel shroud, Thompson sights, and Oak grips.

A shortened 2240,,,,

A Crosman 357 converted to single shot .22,,,

A crosman CR 150 with a long barrel,,,

The 357 to 22RF?

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes
    The 357 to 22RF?
    No, .22 pellets

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by G.A. Ewen
    Some of my pistols,,,,,,,,,,

My favorite, a Crosman 2240 converted to .25 cal with a custom built barrel shroud, Thompson sights, and Oak grips.

you HAVE to do a write-up of this conversion!!!! i have a Beeman (Webley) Kodiak in .25 cal. and i'm always looking for something else that is cool-looking and in the same caliber. i think i may have to go search the web right now for a 2240.

andy b.

andy b,,,

Very simple conversion. The Crosman barrels are 7/16" OD.

T.O.W. barrel liners are the same for the 25-AUTO. The original 2240 bolt will work but if you make a new one a tighter seal on the "O" ring is achieved buy over sizing the "O" ring seat just a little. I made a flow through bolt for this one (rather than the probe type that Crosman uses)

T.O.W. link,,, http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(2oj...42&styleID=483

Question

G. A.,

thanks for the link!!!! i'm in! i'm going to order the 2240 tomorrow.

so you went with the 25-Auto liner? that is listed as a .243" bore and .250" groove. i see they also have 25-20 liners, but the bore is larger. is the .243" bore what is needed for the .25 cal pellets? i mic'ed some Crow Mag pellets i have and the heads were about .249" and the tails were about .257". they are soft lead, so they should deform down to the 25-Auto dimensions.

andy b.