Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other Unimat DB/SL owners?

Default Any other Unimat DB/SL owners?

Even if it's not your main machine, are there any other Unimat DB/SL owners here? I've got a Uni DB 200.

i've got a db200, still sees some use. nice little machines

Default Was given a DB200

Will get use for Tiny non Big Lathe Jobs.

Came with 2 complete Feed attachments (1 w bad helical Gear), Slow Speed Attatchment, All the Threading Chasers, Mill table, 4 Jaw, Indexing head, etc...

Ran one when I was a Kid... Not a lot of Power, but usefull for tiny things I occasionally have to make...

I was gifted with a DB200 last week. I have not gotten to look to see what comes with it as I have not picked that part up yet. But I have the lathe itself at home and I am cleaning it up. I am still looking for documentation on this lathe, it is neat and will let me learn what I am doing.

Greg

I was in a chuck dilemma, (since mine didn't have a chuck). I found out the $5 or so "Jacobs chuck" from Harbor Freight screws right onto the live-center threads!! Before I discovered that, I was considering buying one from Ebay for $20+!!!

don't be in too much of hurry to pop the cork, the original unimat tooling was quite high quality, HF usually is the other end of the spectrum.....if it works for you great, but a $5 hf chuck may very well not be better value than a $20 unimat chuck.

Oh, no, I was talking about the repros. The original stuff is great quality (AFAIK).

radish1us Guest

Now if your REALLY smart, you better go buy this lot from H/F as well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=65132

When you get your scratches on it, unscrew the M 2 mandrel from the chuck and BINGO, it's got a 12 x 1 mm thread in the back of the chuck.

Be quick to buy one, because the smarties are buying them by the box full and slipping the chucks onto E-bay and calling them Unimat chucks, yep 40 ,maybe 60 bucks if they are lucky.

OK, it aint Unimat quality, but who cares, it's just a general purpose 3 jaw scroll chuck, at the RIGHT PRICE, get me drift.

I have a sl1000 and get a lot of fun out of it. You should check out the yahoo unimat group they have a lot of useful info on accessories you can make. I'm currently making a bracket to mount the vertical milling post behind the lathe so you can have more milling capacity. Enjoy yours.

Hey, I'm working on the same exact thing! Mine will have 3 mounting-holes/sleeves for the mast, which I modded from a copy machine shaft. I'm going to actually cut out a plate, and bolt it to the bottom of the machine, to also make it more rigid.

As far as the 3-jaw, I need to get one, for when I start milling. Do they sell these in stores, or just online? My nearest HF is the one in San Antonio, Tx. Thanks for the heads-up!!