Thread: american edelstaal

Default american edelstaal

I recently got an edelstaal machinex 5 lathe I bought it on impulse because it was cheap and didnt do my homework first now i cant find tooling or accessories for it anywhere can anyone help or should i start modifing it

edelstaal machinex 5

What are you looking for that you can's find?
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then give up. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. -- W.C. Fields

a chuck or faceplate its has a 1x16 tpi spindle nose couldn't find the correct motor or belts but went with the belt set for the unimat 3 and a 1/4 hp motor that is similiar to what was on it new then made my own mounts to make that stuff work also looking for the drawbar and milling attachment and second headstock assembly for on it

I guess what im asking is if anyone knows where to get the parts that are for this make and model or has any input on how to modify it

I have an edelstahl lathe that I got cheap also.The previous owner broke some gears inside of it.He couldnt find any parts for it,he also rigged up a differant motor for it cause its not out there.

I bought it for $50.00 and tried everywhere to find gears for it,nothing.So I had a buddy of mine build new gears for me.

Just doesnt seem like theres any parts oot there for these machines.

I got mine on ebay I had emailed the seller to ask him about where to find the stuff he said he got alot of them at auction but i could get parts from little machine shop he even posted a link but they dont have anything for it either now i get emails from others who have bought it and all i can tell them is be creative and do what they can to make do

Hey :
    I know this a bit of an old stale thread but thought I would give a response anyway. I just bought a machinex 5. This is actualy the second one I messed with. I set up a NOS one for a budyy I guess a year plus ago. A metric long bed. the one I have is a standard bed but got the second head and column. Needs a bit of work all the handles are busted off.

Anyway I did not have too much problem tooling up the first one made a back plate and attached a 3" 4 jaw chuck also made a spare back plate for future use as a drive plate/ face plate or for a 3 jaw. the tail stock takes standard 1 MT tooling so a live center dead center or drill chuck should be available. I fitted a VS tread mill motor to it.
    If you still have yours and need help I will see what I can do.
    Rather than mods I will likely make accessories and tooling for mine . A QCTP is probably priority after either making handles or fitting motors and turning it cnc that was not my initial plan but neither was making handles.
    Tin
    Ad maiorem dei gloriam - Ad vitam paramus

Campbell tools sells parts for Unimat lathes and may have the larger model parts too.