Thread: antique brass and smmo

Default antique brass and smmo

i need to ask, i have 4 boxes of antique miscl cartridges that need to be sold. where would i start ?

my father in law is on the down hill side of the slippery slope and has been collecting this stuff for maybe 50 years or so. now he & my mother in law are very much in need of $$$$$ so he decided this would be a good place to start.

davidh (the old guy)

2 miles from the London Bridge, 43 miles from Swansea

I'm not a regular at this site but you could try here,

http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/forumintro.htm
    Happiness is a sharp tool.

You could put them on Gunbroker, but I don't know what the rules are around shipping ammo. You could also try local gun shows.

The web site that dewat mentioned may give you an idea as to value.

Jeff

thanks, both of you. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    i need to ask, i have 4 boxes of antique miscl cartridges that need to be sold. where would i start ?

my father in law is on the down hill side of the slippery slope and has been collecting this stuff for maybe 50 years or so. now he & my mother in law are very much in need of $$$$$ so he decided this would be a good place to start.

davidh (the old guy)
    Go to www.thehighroad.org There are for sale forums there for such stuff. If you watch for a while you will get an idea of value or may let people make offers.
    This will concentrate your audience of potential buyers.

Vernon

Default Shipping Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by chriskat
    You could put them on Gunbroker, but I don't know what the rules are around shipping ammo. You could also try local gun shows.

The web site that dewat mentioned may give you an idea as to value.

Jeff
    Ammunition can be shipped by UPS. It must be dropped off at a UPS depot or arrange to have it picked up as "The UPS Store" will not accept ammunition. It is considered to be HAZMAT and must be marked exactly -- "Cartridges, Small Arms ORM-D" in large letters on the package. Then it can be shipped as a regular UPS package.
    Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.