Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys...my shop is goin down for the count...

Default Guys...my shop is goin down for the count...

It's finally going to happen.
    Everything will be auctioned off.
    I don't care anymore.
    I'm moving to a bigger place...I will start a new shop with bigger and better equipment...
    Me and her really started fightin...I refuse to do that.
    To hell with it.
    I am NOT going to send some lawyers kids to Harvard.
    I'm takin my licks and movin on.
    In about a month everything should be gone.
    I hope I find a good home for the ol' Ohio that I dearly love.
    The rest is just stuff...that I can replace.
    I am going to try to save my VanNorman tho...I doubt it will even fetch scrap price...too damn big to manage for most people.
    It was all a good learning experience...I know I can run a business now and will likely do well in a bigger place. I'm pretty sure I have a good woman who will back me in my business ventures in the future! Lookin forward to the new year.
    I will surface a better and happier man!
    Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

The only thing I will say about your personal affairs Russ, since you have made them public all along, is that I am not surprised that it came to this. Good luck.

As for an equipment auction right now, I can't think of a worse time in the last decade to try and sell anything for close to what it is worth. I might be interested in something though. Who will be handling the auction?
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Question

Is there anything we can do for Russ, guys? Maybe we could work something out, especially with any machines he is attached to. Like the old Ohio or the Van Norman. Surely we can come up with something to put these machines back in Russ' hands when all is said and done?

It's ok guys...this is going to be for the better...
    I've given it a lot of thought.
    The ol' Ohio...it's a pain to use for day to day business...total loss oil system..makes a big mess.....20 oil screws to remove and oil everytime I use it...it's from days gone by when they had more time.
    Very romantic but not up to snuff in todays business climate.
    The rest of my stuff is "begineer class" anyway...time to move on and up!
    Russ

Whoa...cept for my VN...it's very much a serious metal muncher....I'll be hangin onto it ok.
    After usin a 50 taper horizontal...I can't imagine a shop without one!
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    The only thing I will say about your personal affairs Russ, since you have made them public all along, is that I am not surprised that it came to this. Good luck.

As for an equipment auction right now, I can't think of a worse time in the last decade to try and sell anything for close to what it is worth. I might be interested in something though. Who will be handling the auction?
    That was a really useful, inspiring and uplifting post Evan, have you ever thought about ambulance chasing ? I can't recall you ever mentioning you have done this - WOW is this a first ?

To Russ, hang in there sunshine and remember in future to stamp on the nest and set fire to the eggs ..............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

I had added that I would be willing to pay a fair price but decided to keep it short. But since you are going to play holier than thou what I am interested in is the bits and pieces that Russ has left over from playing around with CNC.

If you go back through some of Russ' posts you will find that others on this forum warned him about the possibility of this very event. I did not, but am not surprised.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Hi Russ
    I wish you well in all you do in all your future endevours.

I have enjoyed all your posts as an inspiration to all of us going into the deep end.
    I think you will enjoy looking for new equipment when you do set up as now you know what each bit of equipment will do for you.

All the best for the future.
    Peter
    I have tools I don't know how to use!!

geez Russ, sorry to hear that. if i was local I'd happily let you squirrel stuff away, but its a bit of drive

sounds like you've got a good attitude in the face of adversity....for sure that'll take you a lot further than an old mill so keep at it

It ain't just spouses that go in different thoughts & directions.. Family member when a elder passes away, they smell "FREE wealth" and act like a bunch of mexican kids after a pinata has been broken grabbing candy.

Proud and poor.. on my 4TH wife, not a magazine trophy, but really good to me. Of course, I am not that handsome young man that used to make the young girls ohh and ahh when I enter a room.

Yeah, I've made a lot more poor choices than women. At least I am not living in a prison somewhere. So don't feel too hard on the ex. We all screw up.. women more than men when they go through the "change of life". Later they got regrets they did what they did.

Wish you would move in next door..
    Excuse me, I farted.