Thread: back at the BP to pc conversion

Default back at the BP to pc conversion

Im home again and ready to go at my Mach3 setup problems. If you recall I was having problem with mach not seeing the E stop when set and not being able to override the limit switches to get off.

emailed cnc4 pc and they believe it is how I have it configured so I willstart over.I thought I had limits wired correctly but will recheck the way I did it also.

I am hoping to find my problem.. Latter guys

Jim

Progress is made.
    I have the estop working now.It was configured wrong I guess...

Had the limits working and then able to jog off the x and y but not the Z??Now I have switched everything and have something set wrong again. Dang..Dont understand these things.

One click changes everything. : )

I would like to say STUPID machine but in reality it is stupid JIM. Hehehehehee

Ill get it............

I discovered that the Y axis has the + - backwards. I switched the dir. + and - wires on the drive but then the stepper would only go one direction.Do I switch the other 2 wires also? This has to be simple Im sure.

I am getting there...Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by j king
    I discovered that the Y axis has the + - backwards. I switched the dir. + and - wires on the drive but then the stepper would only go one direction.Do I switch the other 2 wires also? This has to be simple Im sure.

I am getting there...Thanks Jim
    If you are talking about the stepper driver then you may have already blown it up by revering the polarity. PUT IT BACK AS MARKED

Go into Mach, select config, then ports and pins, then motor output and in the Y axis change the dir low active to the opposite of what it is now, if it's a tick, change it to a cross etc.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Thanks John. All is well. I got it and it works ok.Whew! Lucky.

Moving on...I don't know if I should stop at this point or go ahead and wire in the spindle,brake and coolant.

Need to learn G code and how to do the cad and cam stuff.Trying to get my teenager to get interested in this .They pick it up so fast it isn't funny.I do better watching and learning than reading.Some of us are gifted in that way and some aren't.
    Latter Jim