I'm refurbishing a Dumore 44 that I picked up for little $$ recently.
Turns out that the cord was so bad that when I went to put a new plug on it, the insulation on the wires just broke off and left bare wires. The outer cover was fine, I never suspected it.
So I had to replace the cord. Well, that of course showed up the fact that the cord was never secured to the case, it just went in through a grommet, without a positive protection against pulling out, or pushing in.
It's too small for a standard plastic strain relief, so I decided to make one, just because it seemed like fun. It's for SJOOW, so I could use aluminum.
Works fine. The only problem is that even after shortening it (the view on the cord is before shortening) it turns out that the cord interferes with the unit going into the box. They only left about 1/4 inch, too little even for the old grommet, really.
So I'll have to re-locate the cord entry on the motor. Oh well... more work.