Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: yep, I don't just argue here, I work in the shop too

i see RoHS on the cable. i didn't realize they were marking it that way. that must be a new batch you bought.

andy b.

Independent principality of Sinquefieldia (formerly Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_b
    i see RoHS on the cable. i didn't realize they were marking it that way. that must be a new batch you bought.

andy b.
    I noticed that too. I thought all of the cable would have been so to begin with, but that doesn't stop them marking it, it's marked for export to EU. And, RoHS covers several substances, not just the lead that is so closely associated with the term.

The actual legislation is several years old now, the deadline was July 2006, IIRC.

Looks pink to me -- did you alter the picture Jerry?

Seriously, great work!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Color balance all out of whack. Should look like this:

Hmm. Where do you get that green blotting paper?

By the way, that's some nice pink anodizing.

Quote Originally Posted by macona
    Color balance all out of whack. Should look like this:
    Even when pink it looked pretty good. I'll probably never get over the satisfaction I get from being able to make this kind of specialty part we can never find at any of the big box hardware stores.

JTiers,

I have heard that many people turn black haired from grey when they hit middle age.

Cheers,

George

As to your strain relief, don't let them get you down. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by dp
    Even when pink it looked pretty good. I'll probably never get over the satisfaction I get from being able to make this kind of specialty part we can never find at any of the big box hardware stores.
    I was looking for that power cord strain relief for my Wilton bandsaw. I finally found it in the MSC catalog -- they're called "Cable Glands." Once I knew the industry name, they're easy to find
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Independent principality of Sinquefieldia (formerly Missouri)

Mcmaster Carr has them and I use them.

But they had nothing I saw that was sufficiently close to this size for both the cord and the available hole size, not to mention the overall size.

All the ones they have fit multiple cable sizes, and most are standard conduit fitting threads (NPT), which wouldn't work. Making your own allows manufacturing the part to be exactly what you want.

Color balance?

The warm white bulb probably threw the balance off, but the picture is most definitely blue background and silvery aluminum on the camera screen, as well as the computer screen here.

There are highlights/reflections of the warm white bulb, which is a little pinkish looking.

Nice jo. How about some pics of the whole grinder?