Thread: Colt Woodsman Drawings

Default Colt Woodsman Drawings

Any drawings, decent pictures of the Colt Woodsman .22? Looks like a nice design to imitate or copy.

I have been looking for the same but with little luck, I have managed to find some parts exploded views but unfortunately no usable dimensions.

Maybe this will be of some help to you and if you find something better PLEASE post it here!

http://www.wisnersinc.com/exploded_v...dsman_post.htm

Default Hmmm...

A couple pictures of a slide would be nice, from the front, and bottom. and a top view if the frame with the slide removed. Both with a six inch scale in the picture for a reference. Can get some good side views, just don't have a good scale reference.

A nice shot of the breech would be nice too.
    Last edited by kf2qd; 10-12-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Default Colt Woodsman Match Target

If you are still interested, I have a couple that I would be glad to photograph. I have had a stroke and some things work and some do not. I can't remember how to disassemble. If someone can help me get started it will probably come back.
    Byron Boucher
    Burnet, TX

Illustrated disassembly instructions can be found at www.colt22.com

MAPastenkos Guest

Default Colt Woodsman Match Target

I just spoted the requist for info or photos on the Colt Woodsman. Does any one in the gunsmithing/forum still require some photos of the Colt "S" series Woodsman Match Target pistol? I have one with the 4 1/2" MT barrel with Acro rear sight. I might also have the original owner manual, but I must look in the the gun safe to confirm. Will be happy to take some photos with my cell-phone and post. Will need a few days to do it. This a super pistol that I have had for 40+ years and in A- condition.
    Michael

Default Any photos would be appreciated

I would love to have some pictures of the underside of the slide and top of the action. I am trying to create a set of drawings from which one could make a copy. I have a couple side views but they are not big enough for a few details. The stuff in the trigger linkage is pretty much speculation.

Thanks

Default Woodsman Drawings

Quote Originally Posted by kf2qd
    Any drawings, decent pictures of the Colt Woodsman .22? Looks like a nice design to imitate or copy.
    Exactly what drawings are you looking for? What model, 1st, 2nd or 3rd? I may have located some but need to know exactly what ones you need? Do you need the slide, barrel, frame, etc. or what?
    Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Default Any of them

I'm not so worried about any particular model - they are the same basic design for the various models. A nice picture showing the bottom of the slide and the top of the receiver.

The other parts I am missing details on are the trigger bar - Does it catch on the end of the little bent portion of the sear?

thanks -

Pete