Thread: Dumore tool post grinder

Default Dumore tool post grinder

I saw a Dumore tool post grinder on craigs list for $40. I was the first caller, it was close, so I went to check it out. It was a Dumore allright, but it had a dremel type 1/8 in. chuck, also has a mount for a lathe. It wasen't what I thought it was, but I bought it anyway. It needed a belt, so for another 15.00 I have a belt comming. Does anyone have a Dumore tool post like this. Looks like it will be good for small inside grinding. Stan

Stan,
    Sounds like a Series 5 with the 5C-260 quill. Can be a useful tool. I don't have that model, but do have an old catalog. I don't see parts for the Series 5, on Dumore's site, but they might still have other spindles available.

Good price.

Dave J.

Yes, I have two, a really tiny one, and a model 44.

The model 44 has a small chuck (actually two different ones), but that attaches to the normal spindle, from which it unscrews to allow use of regular 3" grinding wheels. Both of mine have an oil port on the spindle housing right in the middle in front of the mounting column, and have cast one-piece spindle housings.

You may have a dedicated replaceable spindle type. Different spindles for ID and OD grinding. O don't think you will want to know the price of the OD spindle, if so.

What hp is the motor?

info here
    http://www.dumorecorp.com/grinder.htm#tpg

I just got back from the Detroit area tonight. Picked up a Dumore tool post grinder. This one does OD and ID grinding. The guy said he thought it was a 1/4 hp unit, but it looks kind of small for that. The bearings in the ID spindle will need replacing, but otherwise it runs good. Had some 3" wheels and some small ID wheels. Still had the spanner wrench for running it back and forth on its own ways. And a wooden box. $110 US. I thought that was worth the drive.

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC