Thread: Powder Coating T&C Grinder Parts--Opinions?

Hybrid View

Default Powder Coating T&C Grinder Parts--Opinions?

Gentlemen-I have recently acquired a KO Lee T&C Grinder that I was contemplating have a few of the parts powder coated. Some of these parts contain dovetails that connect with the table and cross feed. My understanding is that powder coating will reach approximately 375 to 400 degrees. Aside from the high temperature tape used to mask off machined surfaces and plugs for the threaded holes, need I be concerned about any potential warp in parts or movement when it comes time to reassemble or any impacts to accuracy?

Any direct experience with machine tool powder coating?

In advance thanks, your help is always appreciated.

Considering the assumption that this is a one-off...

Does the powder coat offer your machine advantages that room temp coatings do not? Particularly since a recoat some time may be a royal PITA?

Hth Ag

It's the look and durability. I also hate to spray and the prep, gets all over everything, I am just not set up for painting.

Smile

I would ask the power coater . Show them what you have and where you do not want the power coat . If they any good they will know what to do. Been their done that.

I wonder if the sparks from the grinder would melt into the powder coating? I know they will in-bed in the glass lenses of my glasses if I forget the face shield.