Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diodes

Post Diodes

Here are the numbers from the diodes that I got from ibewgypsie for those who are looking for some.

I v R m9661-32 mexico 8850

I ^ R m9661-32R mexico 8850

This is the only identification on them. The "v" and the "^" represent the directional symbols.
    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Hey, you been rummaging through my junk pile?

HA..

They all are different.. I think new they are about $225 each.. FOUR of them would break my bank at this moment..

I still have a couple of welders.... Not taken apart yet..

WE bought some used square wave welders for our shops.. I regret buying the hobart stickmate I got new.. Square wave machines will weld circles around it.

Did ya get them things clean? I think I shipped them dirty... The junk man thought they were some kind of spark plugs.. I told him they did in fact make sparks..

$225? Nah... I get em for about $20 each.

Somewhere between the local UPS office and George, UPS or Canadian customs made a few dollars. I paid shipping, AND, GA paid COD..

Anyone else had problems sending to Canada with UPS?

CCW..
    $225 was what I paid for some similar diodes & Scr bridge combo (x4) recently at a industrial supply. if you got any cheaper, let us all in on it. As to the where. Lots of other people want diodes, I am out here. The well done run dry.

Every welder had a different brand and size diode in it. I think the one I shipped GW was single phased out. The others were 6 diodes on the bridge.

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 10-09-2003).]

If you can avoid do not send stuff to Canada via a courier service. It will have to be cleared by a customs broker with attendant expensive charges. The best is to send parcel post via US Postal Service.

As for the diodes see here for $31.38US

http://www.galco.com/scripts/cgiip.e...earch-name=NBR
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Dave

This is the lowdown on US to Canada shipping:

UPS red label includes brokerage. Ground they charge a minimum of $35 plus taxes.

Fedex charges $15.00 + taxes

Trucking is cost plus, brokerage can cost over $250...

Ship by the post office - when they do charge duty (half the time they let them through N/C) it is $5.35 fee plus the GST on the value o fthe goods (in Canadian Dollars).

I always have stuff sent by USPS to Canada - excellent service!

Sometimes it is hard to get places to ship P.S. They all want to use UPS or FEDEX. Especially when they come accorss the border....verry expensive.

Spkrman15

Yep, about $32-38 is list. I guess I got a fair deal at $20. How many do you want?

Mine are 400amp @ 175v. The only problem (maybe) is that mine are all Cathode to case.

I used to get SCR's for even less. About $15 for 600v/175a, 3v trigger.

[George
    If you need more let me know and I will dig through the shed. I should even have heatsinks for them.

At one time Princess auto had 1000A SCRs for less than $10 each. These had a heavy copper cable attached to the top main terminal and a 5/8" or 3/4" stud mount.

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 10-10-2003).]

Thrud..

I found the reciept on this end.. $27 plus a box charge.. A little more than I anticipated. I shipped about ten items that day and didn't catch it. SO? UPS is crooked? I hope crooked by accident. George paid on his end too. Looks like everyone came out except George and me.

I remember shipping USPS last time.. marked on there it was a gift. Does that make a difference? (I think it might have been a dead chip to a Large pink gorilla)

I guess that stung enough to remember? Karate classes, them lessons on what to block left bruises.. HA..
    David..