Thread: Help! lookung for an old piece of Machinery

Lightbulb Help! lookung for an old piece of Machinery

I am looking for an old Vernon vertical milling machine to buy. These machines were produced in the 40's and 50's and getting very hard to find. They are usually single phase machines. It seems every time I do come upon one, it gets sold the day before i am going to buy it. Can anyone give me some leads on old type equipment /machinery dealers.?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
    Steve L.
    Steve L.

Cool

Have you checked on the net with Surplus Record, The Locator, and Equipment Digest ? Also, machinetools.com has extensive listings. I have original literature on the Vernon mill and jig borer and Sheldon versions so I'm familiar with the machine but don't recall ever having seen one in real life. The similar sized Linley jig borer/mill seems to be much more common for some reason.

Wink

Yes I have looked at those, but I guess I'll just have to keep looking. Thanks fo your help.

------------------
    Steve L.
    Steve L.

Did you place a (free) want to buy ad in each place ? That has worked for me sometimes in the past. But you need to be specific in your ad to say Vernon, not this, not that, but read my lips.. VERNON mill..otherwise you'll get 20 or 30, 2 page "quotes" (usually with every minutia and boilerplate text imaginable EXCEPT the only thing that really matters in the beginning...a good photo and the price) from dealers all over the place with fantisies of selling you something they have that they think is "close" to what you want, which almost always isn't

Have you tried a search on Google for "Vernon vertical mill"? At least on used mill showed up there in Joplin, MO. Price was $950.
    Mike Henry near Chicago

Thumbs down

The Vernon on Google is unfortunately, long gone. Yes, I definitely have posted a wanted ad with all those site's. Just gotta be patient, I guess. Thanks for your help.
    Steve L.

Cool

Yeah, everytime I've looked for a machine via a search engine all I've found is job shop equipment lists and for sale "long gonners". The search engines seem to take so long to post most links that much of the info is quite old. Still, it's worth a try.