Thread: KO LEE B-943 Motorized Workhead

Default KO LEE B-943 Motorized Workhead

Does any one have one of these that they could send me a few pictures of?? I need to see how the saddle plate under the motor is mounted to the spindle housing. I have looked all over and can't find any pictures that show what I need to see. I think some clown at the factory countesunk the 4 holes on the wrong side of the plate as the removal of the moter to change the belt to the other pulley speed requires taking the pulley off the motor. The slots seem to be in the wrong direction and since they are offset I cant flip the plate over. Something is backwards here.

TNX......JL

Joe, as you know, I have a 943 that I've been slowly rebuilding. The motor is missing on mine -- I was going to put a 1/8th HP Baldor DC motor on it. Do you need pictures of the shoe plate where the motor mounts (thats molded into the spindle casting)?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

You mean like this 1

Hope that helps

That work head is different than mine, and yes, the part I'm talking about is what the parts list calls the shoe, 1/4" aluminum plate that mount to the bottom of the motor on rubber blocks. It will only mount one way and it appears that the counter sunk holes on mine were machined on the wrong side. If one of you guys wants to give me an e-mail address I will sesnd you some pics of mine so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

JL....................

This is a complete 943 at Astra. There's a square motor mounting foot cast into the spindle body. I have everything except the motor and the controller (that's stacked on top):

Last edited by lazlo; 12-06-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

I saw the picture you posted as I searched on the web. What I need to see is under the motor where the two bolts are that secure it to the spindle housing.

JL................

Sure, I'll take a picture of it in the morning.