Thread: OT: Chilcotin Turkey

Post OT: Chilcotin Turkey

Our supper this Thanksgiving. I prepared it and cooked it and served it. Yummm.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Umm.m.mh! That looks good enough to eat. My compliments to the Chef!

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-08-2004).]

It's a pink salmon, I didn't catch it a friend did. Yep, had to take off the tail.

It is stuffed with chopped celery, onion, scallions, garlic, tomato and red pepper. Garnish is toasted red pepper, tomatoes, lemon and parsley.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

One of the best meals I ever had was a big salmon my brother caught in AK. ...and that was even after it'd been frozen for transport.
    But then last summer while visiting youngest daughter (working up at Fairbanks at the time), I took a real liking to Halibut. That's some might good eating also.

The secret to baking fish is the stuffing. It allows you to use a high temperature without drying it out. It was baked at 400F for 12 minutes per pound. Also the back was slit in about five places and butter stuffed in the slits. The entire fish is rubbed lightly with salt, butter and olive oil. Thats where the brown comes from. I use twine to tie the fish in about five places to keep the stuffing in. I really like seafood, never met a seafood I didn't like.