Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Model Engineers Workshop.

I subscribed a few months ago to digital MEW in order to access a few issues I missed from my printed issues last year and in order to complete the info on a series of articles ---fill in the missing blanks..
    After several months of frustration to get it started ( very much complicated by their "digital publisher" ) I was able to receive the monthly subscription, only to then find out that the archives to earlier issues did not exist, or the access requires Einstein level applications beyond my skill level . I just posted this request ( for archive access) on their website , so may know more in a short time. Neil seems very responsive, but the rest of the team is not. If I had known the archive was not available , I would not have subscribed for 2 years.

Rich

I couldn't make out a lot of the pictures in MEW even when I was a subscriber. Not to mention the slavish overuse of the passive voice. "My shoes were tied...".

metalmagpie

Paydirt !----Hot news
    The archive of past MEW issues is alive and well.
    I got immediate help from a ME posting and now understand the location of the back issues.
    When you subscribe, the Vendor "Pocket Magazines" handles the digital distribution of the issues you subscribe too. ( and only those !)
    However you need to go to the Model Engineer website and sign in and it will recognize you as a digital subscriber.
    Then you hit "magazines" at the top of the page in the green bar*and select MEW in the lower tab that appears.
    So now I would say the digital subscription is worth the expense !
    When you do that , the old issues appear for perusal ...and the quality is very good, so they are readable

Rich

* the green bar does not appear if you are not a subscriber !