Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Wave Radio parts gloat

Default Short Wave Radio parts gloat

I just got home with a ''radio'' of sorts. A friend of mine called Me and asked if I wanted an old radio that has been partialy parted out after He heard that I was going to build an EDM. I said I'll be right over , thinking I'd find a couple of boxes of various gear.
    Well it was more than a couple of boxes to say the least.

It is about the size of a small truck-bed style camper I don't know exactly what I have except it is old and incomplete and diss asembled. I have about a hundred printed circut boards ,at least three power supplies and some racks of tuning ''stuff'' that looks to be intact.
    Of course it is all weird 400 cycle power .

I don't know much (if anything) about the workings of a short wave ,but there are a few pcbs with crystals about half the size of a cigarette pack on them. So befor I start shlt canning stuff that I know that I'll never use,are any of the components like the crystals in it of any value to any one? Or is it mostly scrap?
    The radio cabinet has been 90% gutted and is still waiting for Me to move it this weekend. It looks like it would make a nice one man hunting shelter, it has a wall mounted heatpump and looks to be weather tight.

Steve

Pictures!

There's lots of stuff that is hard to get now like variable caps, variable and fixed inductors, fun stuff for making antenna tuners, frinstance.

Quote Originally Posted by dp
    Pictures!

I know, I know, it was raining and getting late. I'll try to shoot some pics Tuesday.

Steve

Did you get the S250 Shelter? looks like a mini camper...

http://www.sanlee.com/jeep/S250camper/default.htm

Many different sets/kinds of radios/teletypes/crypto went in them..

PC boards means fairly current 60's or later..

I'm sure anxious to see some pictures.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Wink Re: Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Bguns
    Did you get the S250 Shelter? looks like a mini camper...

http://www.sanlee.com/jeep/S250camper/default.htm

Many different sets/kinds of radios/teletypes/crypto went in them..

PC boards means fairly current 60's or later..
    Wow! Sounds like you have been gifted a COMEX. Those slide in communications shelters are really neat to make into a mobile ham shack. Some of my friends are big into public service communications (ie: hurricane emergency operations) in which they have to go to an effected area after the storm passes and set up basic communications. Before retirement, when I still had money and could afford to volunteer, I would have loved to got my hands on one of them. I have the M-715 Jeep truck that would haul it. Oh well, I am not up to all the hardships any more that are a part of being on a jump team involves. Still, there are lots of good things in one of those units. Contact the local ham club and you might be able to sell or give away the stuff you don't want.
    Jim (KB4IVH)

Only fools abuse their tools.

Continued......

Here's the rest of the pics

Steve

PM sent

Fred

WOW, that is a signal jamming set, and with lots of the goodies still intact...

Will also send normal HF transmisssions too..