Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Pest Repeller, Don't Buy These...LOL

Default Electronic Pest Repeller, Don't Buy These...LOL

With fall rapidly approaching and mice looking for warmer places to spend the cooler nights I thought that as an extra level of protection I'd purchase some cheap ultrasonic insect/rodent repellers.

I know that there is a lot of controversy regarding the effectiveness of these devices and I don't really have a serious mouse problem but at about $2.50 a piece for the items I purchased I figured, what have I got to loose?

Well after receiving the four Items I purchased I figure I'm out about 10 bucks. LOL.

Although I bought them here I see a lot of very similar devices all over the place. One has to wonder if this is part of the reason these devices give so many inconclusive results in some of the testing I've seen. Probably not, just thought it was funny though when I opened one up after becoming suspicious when looking through the grill at the first one I looked at.

For those electronically challenged the pictures below shows only a simple circuit to power an LED from a 110 AC source, nothing else. Makes me wonder how many have these installed and swear by how well they work. LOL
    Looks like I'll be keeping Fluffy on the payroll for the duration. At least I know all of her parts are working.

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

And the resistor has a capacitor symbol next to it...

(I guess it is probably a missing component.)

WOW, talk about getting screwed from China no doubt. Nothing in that circuit to produce any ultrasonic sound waves. Would the average consumer ever know that?? Doubt it.

I would send them back just in spite.

Is there a brand or mfg. company name on them ??

JL..............

Oh wow. That's terrible! But the audacity of such a stunt makes me chuckle. I've thought about buying those things in the past but decided it was probably a gimmick. I'm glad someone here finally bought one and tore it apart!

They got me too. Bought a set of 4 for my spider problem in my shop. Heck the spiders built webs right on the devices.

At LEAST file a claim of fraud on ebay. It might just prevent other people from purchasing junk like that. I know that it is only $10, but defrauding people should be against the law!

But WAIT! Maybe it's the 60 Hz flashing of the LED that frightens away the pests!

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    But WAIT! Maybe it's the 60 Hz flashing of the LED that frightens away the pests!
    The flashing is known to cause seizures in mice, they become comatose, don't drink or eat and die.
    Sold by a top rated FleaBay seller, no less!

Quote Originally Posted by ncjeeper View Post
    They got me too. Bought a set of 4 for my spider problem in my shop. Heck the spiders built webs right on the devices.
    I'm sure a very scienticious TV show once told me that spider silk is "stronger than steel" so I suppose if you collect enough of it you could put it to use in the shop?