A few weeks ago the rice powered motor in my Grizzly G9003G gave up so I had the capacitors changed about a week later it started to act up again. A little searching & I orderde a new Weg 2hp 3 phase motor & a VFD and a tach. The motor is a direct fit, mounting holes and shaft are metric. Not wanting a new control box I got a friend who is an electrical engineer to wire it up using the existing controls in the housing. The lathe turns on the VFD and the jog button was replaced with the speed control. The tach is from LMS and reads rpm & sfm. The total cost was 2x the price of a junk motor & should outlast me. The change is unreal. I have only been working w/ it for 2 days and I am in love with the control (note: I am a control freak)
Just thought I would pass this along as I rarely post but do read and ask for help on a regular basis.