Page 390 of 451 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 4504

Thread: What did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Every news channel around here today: https://www.tsn.ca/finland-defeats-c...ship-1.1312015
    Last night was traffic jam and chaos in every major city center around here and traffic to Helsinki is probably another chaos this evening
    Yeah, we’ll be looking for that back next year.

Finished up the gardening work, and drove back. The S10 showed this on the way back..... not too bad

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Ordered a bunch of GXL 14 gauge wire to rebuild a wire harness for my JD 285.

Attacked the freezer with a hammer. That's sort of "machining", right?! I've not lost it, the side panel was resonating with the pump's vibration and it was driving me nuts - ok, perhaps I have lost it a bit then. Tightening the screws didn't help and I couldn't be bothered to try taking the case off it so I changed the resonant frequency of the panel....and very satisfying it was too. Only a couple of small dents and they don't show on the side anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenedd View Post
    Attacked the freezer with a hammer. That's sort of "machining", right?!
    You mean percussive adjustment tool, right?
    Also known as circular force impact adjustor around here. Or Russian pump action screwdriver

Quote Originally Posted by Cenedd View Post
    Attacked the freezer with a hammer. That's sort of "machining", right?! I've not lost it, the side panel was resonating with the pump's vibration and it was driving me nuts - ok, perhaps I have lost it a bit then. Tightening the screws didn't help and I couldn't be bothered to try taking the case off it so I changed the resonant frequency of the panel....and very satisfying it was too. Only a couple of small dents and they don't show on the side anyway.
    Does your wife know about this?

You mean percussive adjustment tool, right?
    Also known as circular force impact adjustor around here. Or Russian pump action screwdriver
    Absolutely! I have a selection of sizes of copper/hide mallets: the A for drawbars, the 2 for mini-anvil work and the 3 which is known as the troubleshooter!:

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    Does your wife know about this?
    Well, the back door opens inwards blocking all view of that side when you're going that way.....so, no, not yet! It had started driving her nuts too though so, provided it stops being irritating, I'll probably get away with it :-D

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    Finished up the gardening work, and drove back. The S10 showed this on the way back..... not too bad

I have 490,000 Km on a 2003 Chev 2500 HD,my previous 94 GMC 2500 had 560,000 km when our girl hit a deer and totaled it.

Engine temp is way off, otherwise everything would be nicely balanced. Including the mile-o-meter

Engine temp is way off, otherwise everything would be nicely balanced. Including the mile-o-meter
    Which clearly doesn't work as, obviously, he wouldn't be taking that picture whilst driving...that'd be dangerous!