Page 428 of 443 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 4421

Thread: What did you do today?

The SW 175 Lincoln does stick and tig.... everything you really need. It's a bit big, but...... The only problem is if you need more heat. That's not so often.

Used one for a while doing off-hand stuff at work, wanted one ever since, but they go for serious cash around here.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Yep, once I made a short dinse connector cable to adapt the SW 175 to match the lenco connectors on my stick leads I never used the buzz box again. It doesn't have the top end the buzz box does, but I've never needed that anyway. Plus it does DC It's just become redundant.

If I had 240v back at the barn I'd just leave it back there, but I don't....yet. I know I could sell it for more than I paid for it (think I paid ~$120-140 with a pile of rod), and if I ever needed one again they are always on kijiji for about the same money ($150-200). I'm just gonna sell it. But not before I swap the 15' power cord on it with the 5' one on the sw175 .

Discovered just how oily and filthy everything is in the electrical cabin on my mill - the spindle electromagnetic clutch/brake had become intermittent (didn't always engage, no sound of the contactor thunking) so opened it up, guessed wrong and found the suds pump contactor would lock in nicely -- and guess who had the pipe off and sprayed ceiling, self, everything nearby with years-old soluble coolant and an interesting blend of bacteria... Probably a cure for cancer in there, just like my mum's larder!

Ran around and turned the pump off, then found the clutch contactor would lock in if prodded, release on the brake button - so looks like it's wiring from pushbuttons to contactor coil that I need to deal with, not as serious as I thought

Following on from that, I need to sort the spindle motor contactors, at the moment it fires up in forward as soon as the power's plugged in, usable for most things as-is but one day I *may* want to run the spindle in reverse!

Couple of pics in my album "Test 2U electricals", nice vintage contactors, fuses, overloads etc. with a coating of dusted oil...

Dave H. (the other one)
    Last edited by Hopefuldave; 07-15-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men.

Holbrook Model C Number 13 lathe, Testa 2U universal mill, bikes and tools

turned down a couple of bushings a friend will weld into his truck frame as upper damper mounts

had some help writing an exam for Thursday

Iíve had this ball turning kit in my shop for years. So recently I put it together so here is the video. https://youtu.be/rAyGx32zhYw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had some help writing an exam for Thursday
    [/QUOTE]

Beautiful dog, looks exactly like the one I had. She died a couple of years ago I sure miss her.
    Would like to find another one like that.

I bet you ace the exam!

Passing by Lebesby and Bekkarfjord town in Norway:

Pretty sure about most northern dairy farming in the world. Above 70N!

Few kilometers away from previous photos its 300m above sea and snow havent melted yet completely.
    Off to catch some of the mysterious arctic char:

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefuldave View Post
    guessed wrong and found the suds pump contactor would lock in nicely -- and guess who had the pipe off and sprayed ceiling, self, everything nearby with years-old soluble coolant and an interesting blend of bacteria....
    You're not the only one with that sort of....talent. I run water-cooled PCs and you can almost guarantee that some escapes during any kind of maintenance. My best was like yours, run the pump with a tube disconnected and pointing skywards. Less volume but probably more pressure....you know, for the distance! This is the reason I always use clear, colourless coolants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefuldave View Post
    Couple of pics in my album "Test 2U electricals", nice vintage contactors, fuses, overloads etc. with a coating of dusted oil...
    Ah, the era when wiring was an art form in itself. Back when people gave a damn about the quality of their work....and had the time to do so.