Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1847

Thread: What did you do today?

I got a call out of the blue and soon after I am looking at this in my shop.

Oh WOW...!!!

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wowwwwwww....

Now THAT is something to gloat over. Congratulations. There are not many machines as capable as that one. ( generally speaking ) I would love to have somethign similar, myself. Did you get any of the accessories with it? Come on... what's the story? Out with it.

that's the kind of call I'd like to get!

My evening yesterday was spent breaking down the pallets leant against my mill so I can use the mill Wood is going towards a stand for a rain barrel and whatever else needs making.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    Oh WOW...!!!

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wowwwwwww....

Now THAT is something to gloat over. Congratulations. There are not many machines as capable as that one. ( generally speaking ) I would love to have somethign similar, myself. Did you get any of the accessories with it? Come on... what's the story? Out with it.
    Thanks, not that much to tell, I found it online at a machine reseller in Sweden, sent a mail via their website, they never answered and I got kinda peeved. Then I saw them putting their machines up on another side and lowballed them an offer on the machine and hey, they accepted. The call I got was the trucking company who were unexpectedly ready to deliver before schedule. The accessories seems to be a load of various tool holders, vertical and horizontal. I should get more pictures of it, but nothing like a dividing head or similar. But it has the best type of head, the sliding vertical head, which doubles as the horizontal overarm support, so I don't have to remove anything to switch between vertical and horizontal milling.

The x-axis glass scale though is busted. Not even sure if the DRO works, only just got it home and been trying to degunk it.

That is a nice machine, we don’t get many dekels over here, ive only played with one, ever but it was a nice experience, the tall blonde of mills
    Mark

I've had this coil of 6/3 in the basement for about 5 years now and forgot about it until the other night looking on amazon for a welder extension cord. Dug through my stuff and I found a female socket, so I only had to buy the male plug end. Not sure sure how long it is as I haven't uncoiled it yet, but for less than $20 and a couple few minutes of time I'm sure it will come in handy. I've got about 50' of leads for my stick welder and now being able to reach the backyard with the plasma cutter will make building my sawmill back there a lot easier. The back yard is "flat". The driveway out front is sloping away from the house, so there's no way I'd be able to jig up a 24' frame level and square to weld it out.

What I need to do is to put a couple plugs on the same circuit (yea, I know it's not code....) so I don't have to keep switching plugs back and forth all the time.

Default "we stand behind our cranes, but never under them"

well ok, not me, the team built it. They only let me near it with a camera. Its the second we've made, - an 80' box girder just painted, waiting for installation of commercials. I invested lot to be able to make these, sub arc machine, bench, huge spreader bars etc. I hope to ( I better!) make a lot more....but its neat seeing it come together sitting there in monolithic glory. Stuff on the right are 40' truss conveyor sections - 1400' feet of handrail in that job!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
    I got a call out of the blue and soon after I am looking at this in my shop.
    ]
    nice looking mill, way to go

Got the Heep frame all welded up yesterday (was a nice relief when I let the jack out and it didn't break lol). Not my best and nicest welding but it's strong and should buy me another winter or two before something else falls off it lol.

Winterized the boats today, Now I'm having a coffee break, and heading back out to finish bringing in the 2 loads of wood I have left into the basement. Once that's done I'm all ready for winter.

Also convinced my Wife to bring my wood bandsaw down in the basement for the winter and out of the garage. Was a tough sell..... I said "would you be ok if I brought the bandsaw down into the basement for the winter?" and she said "ya sure, why not?. Are you going to bring all your woodworking tools downstairs too?" She's a keeper. I need to get it, and a few more things out of the cramped garage so I can work on building the sawmill carriage this winter.

Snowblower project about running then will sell, need air cleaner for it.

what a beast of a yardman, twin auger, two stage

also working on electrical draw or charging issue on a friend’s Astro .006 amp leak isn’t terrible, likely just a bad battery

Also started fixing an oliver 777 bread slicer for someone. Needs a chunk cut out, fabricated and welded in with some work on bushings etc

Also did Xmas lights on tree in front w boom lift
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com