Page 212 of 249 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2484

Thread: What did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
    I bought a Waterpik yesterday and today I used it for the very first time. Let's just say I am glad there was no one there to watch!
    You've not got it dialed in right. Did you account for cosine error?!
    At worst, if it doesn't work for flossing, you could put it to work for spraying coolant.

[QUOTE=PStechPaul;1209988]Here in MD we have only initial inspection to get registration, and then emissions testing every 2 years. I have only driven the truck less than 4000 miles over the last ten years, and I mostly use it just to get lumber and large items at Home Depot and such, and also to drive up a steep dirt access road to the meadow behind my house, where I have a lot of fallen trees cut up for firewood.

There do not seem to be any large gaps to fill, but I will get some Bondo and fiberglass mesh to seal the bad spots. I will have to do everything from the top - it's hard for me to crawl under the truck. There are a couple kinds of Bondo:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Bondo...1845/303713126 $15/qt

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Bondo...0262/202077782 $8/qt

I took a few shots of the underside of the truck:

you sir are a prime candidate for leasing cars. or quit driving in the ocean.

People DO restore vehicles that are far worse than that.

But they are generally ones that will be worth the effort. Old Jaguar, etc.......

A pickup one just replaces, making sure to spray lots of oil on the bottom of the replacement. Best is oil , then a dry dirt road, 3 or 4 cycles of that, and the bottom should have a layer of mixed oil and dust on it that is better than undercoating.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by gambler View Post

you sir are a prime candidate for leasing cars. or quit driving in the ocean.
    Stop parking on: damp ground; wet leaves; ;grass; other debris. Get 5 or so tons of stone spread in your parking area.

Today I cut out some of the carpet that was still wet, probably with brine. The passenger side is not quite so bad:

Driver's side is worse, but manageable:

Underside looks fairly sound, and I should be able to drill and tap into the frame channel to get a solid anchor for the seats.

Maybe next time I take it to my mechanic's he can spray used oil over the underside of the truck. I'm sure not going to crawl under it. Didn't get as much done today as I would have liked, so maybe tomorrow - weather should be warmer (45-50) but also probably rain.

Finally installed the 65' Goodyear 1/2" air hose reel that I bought last year on my shop air system and added wheels to my HF 12T press.

https://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-Retr.../dp/B01GFA35SC

Work hard play hard

made a little stand out of stainless for a wood carving a friend did for me, sanded the wood and stained it. I think it came out really nice.

also went to the scrapyard to get rid of some alu scrap/ chips and some dead Christmas tree lights. Came home with some alu sheet 3/32 x 2x3.5ft), pipe, plate, some stainless rod, a cute little copper cake tin and this chunk of stainless (16lb alone!). 6lb alu and 17lb of stainless for $10 after taking off the $2.65 I got for my crap.

shortly I'll be making a mortar and pestle for the wife's Christmas present out of some 3" stainless round and some 1" stainless rod, also from the same scrapyard. I have to ration myself or I would have space to move in the garage.
    Last edited by mattthemuppet; 12-16-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PStechPaul View Post

Maybe next time I take it to my mechanic's he can spray used oil over the underside of the truck. I'm sure not going to crawl under it. .....
    Do it with a Russian service lift......Just turn that sucker over on it's side so you can get at the bottom easily.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    Finally installed the 65' Goodyear 1/2" air hose reel that I bought last year on my shop air system and added wheels to my HF 12T press.
    If you haven't seen it or tried it or know about it, get yourself some flexzilla hose.

Your welcome.
    Andy

Assembled a 2T shop crane. Funny I bought this and I am going to modify it right off he bat. The extending legs did not fit under the pallet as I thought. Next step is to rebuild it so it can go around the pallet, the base is almost perfectly sized so it will be a relatively simple job of cutting and welding square tubing.