Page 227 of 251 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2509

Thread: What did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Not too bad, -22 cel (-6f or so) ATM.
    this is from my parents home 65N up north(or middle part of Finland). Coldest Winter temps I remember I have seen are -40c (-40f) but that is kind of extreme even in here. Makes starting and driving a car new and exiting experience
    I was hauling wheat last Jan -42c was colder than h-!!, had electric heater on Hyd Tank on big auger and block heater on engine.

They still build the Lynx snow machines over there?

Merry Christmas to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    I was hauling wheat last Jan -42c was colder than h-!!, had electric heater on Hyd Tank on big auger and block heater on engine.

They still build the Lynx snow machines over there?

Merry Christmas to all!
    Yup, Lynx and I think also ski-doo nowadays.

Speaking of short days, Lynx manufacturing plant is in Rovaniemi and sun doesn't rise at all there in the middle of the winter.
    (I wouldn't mind of short days if there is no need to go to work..perfect for staying at home, eating, sleeping and for shop time)

I recently made coasters for Christmas presents for close friends and family. Here is the first part of my coaster adventure.

https://youtu.be/MIuZ_1kdzSQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big christmas day here was on the 24th so today I had some free time and I did some stick welding, rebuilding a shop crane so it can fit between a euro-pallet.

My 5yr old daughter wanted geodes for xmas and we cracked a few open today with the shop press which cracks them open like eggs. I thought she would be disappointed when she opened the box of rocks but she was excited to see what's inside of them.

Work hard play hard

The nerve.... giving your kid a box of rocks! For Christmas, yet !!!!!

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

My daughter would have loved them also. About 35 years ago. Nowadays not so much, I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Clarke View Post
    My daughter would have loved them also. About 35 years ago. Nowadays not so much, I think!
    She was really excited. Ever since we broke open a geode near our summer home she's been talking about geodes ever since.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D5MZZNC
    Work hard play hard

My youngest daughter is 38, she loved them at age age 10, and she still loves them. Of course she's a little odd, she moved to England, she married a engineer over there, and she's a writer.

Actually yesterday.

Noticed that the movable jaw on my Vertex 4" vise was able to be lifted a bit. Decided to do a service and also to find out how they work.

Took it apart and it was packed with chips in all the inaccessible areas. A good clean up, new grease and the correct adjustment on the jaw lifter set screw and it works like a charm. The outer set screw was not tight up against the inner one and must have moved slowly over the years.

The anglelock feature is more simple than I had thought but sure does its job.

Geoff