Page 247 of 251 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2509

Thread: What did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    Whops, I'll fix that

Does anyone know what you call these types of nuts? It's like they are some type of rivet nut but not sure. There are some threads inside then. Unfortunately my fasteners book doesn't mention them.

The right bin https://www.pemnet.com/design_info/a...ypes-kf2-kfs2/

Years ago I worked at a military radio manufacturer, all threads into aluminum parts had these inserts. We called the Pem Nuts, I never realized until I googled it that Pem was a brand name. As I recall, we had a little C clamp sort of tool to press them in and remove them.

Used the mill to make a shank for a woodturning scraper. Roughed out a bowl blank.
    Tried out the scraper.....it worked great!
    Now to fix the tool post

Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    and some lights under the island more for fun than anything. Makes a nice "don't walk into the dishwasher" light for the nights.

now onto the next project, a new work bench
    Matt,

I'm looking to do pretty much the same thing in our kitchen to replace some 18" flourescents that I have as indirect lighting over some cabinets. Can you tell me what you used for components to build them?

Thanks, Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Paul your bronze bushings look like Oilite. .

Today I sniffled and snuffled and surfed the web through a nyquil haze. Day 5 of flu or cold or something.

I've tried to post as little as possible.
    There is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Moved the mill around a bit so I could get the vertical table off.

Some help from the crane is handy

Years of grease and filth...

It's cleaned up more or less now, but I can only post 4 images per post.

Finished a quick mounting post this afternoon - pics and explanation when the paint is dry.

Cut my first taper using the top slide. Should point out the taper was entirely cosmetic with no dimensional constraints....but it's a start.

Learned a few things:
    1. Some rattle cans are WAY more enthusiastic than others!
    2. When your "spraybooth" is more commonly known as "the garden", it would be wise to check for changes in the wind between coats! And
    3. Spray paint doesn't come off your hands with just soap and a scrubbing brush!

I decided I want my storage bins to continue along the same wall so I removed the shelving that was next to my tool chests so I could put a bench or another chest there and continue the storage bins across the wall. I'll also add another light for the additional bins I'll be mounting. I'm also going to take down the remaining shelf in the corner as I don't need it anymore.

Work hard play hard

Adrian, good job on the hardware organization.
    I can see you've spent a lot of time and effort on it. However while doing so it looks like you've neglected your lathe, she feels neglected now and would like a bit of oil on her ways.
    Damn, this stuff just never stops long enough to have a cocktail so that you can sit back and enjoy your work does it?
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Adrian, good job on the hardware organization.
    I can see you've spent a lot of time and effort on it. However while doing so it looks like you've neglected your lathe, she feels neglected now and would like a bit of oil on her ways.
    Damn, this stuff just never stops long enough to have a cocktail so that you can sit back and enjoy your work does it?
    Yup, Duckman was in my shop a few weeks ago and noticed as well. I recently bought some bronze wool and some LPS3 but haven't had the time to address the lathe yet. The bridgeport table, and vices are also screaming for some attention.
    Work hard play hard