Page 410 of 431 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4309

Thread: What did you do today?

Them gib screws, what did you thread them with ? They look a bit wavy on the crests.

Think it's the photo, they look and work fine. A bit coarse finish though but this material was not amiable to turning IMO. I turned & threaded using carbide inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejasonlee View Post
    Today is my first day at work.
    Congratulations! I retired 10 years ago June 1st.

Sneak peek of some video projects. One is a custom BXA boring bar holder. Second is repurposed HF indicator mount for videoing. Third is a plate so I can saw short rectangular stock down from larger pieces for projects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 754 View Post
    In this country not raduising corners is a sin...
    They are slightly. The madam is happy so that’s the most important part

Your choice make it universally appealing, or just make it work.
    I can see a pic of it with a 3/8 rad in my mind , when I first looked at the pic.

The first part of the chamfering tool build https://youtu.be/jP46AZFaWYI

Not today but yesterday, played hooky from a 12 hr day shift at the refinery. While driving home from work Saturday the wife called breathless, asking how to turn off the house water. The 10.5 yr old ,9 year warranty hot water heater had a really aggressive leak that fortunately she heard pop. Lowe’s website has an “In Stock Only” feature in plain site. Home Depot website was not so friendly. Their loss.
    An easy trip to Lowe’s and a long Sunday spent doing the swap and finally getting the botched up hot water circulation system set up the way I wanted it. The builders did a horrible job that had lots of “Cold Water Only” parts and 3/4 to 1/2 and back connections. The door is 23”, the heater 22” but the builder put the furnace so far back the whole door frame has to come out.

***Machining Content: I used a 7/8 holesaw in the mill to fishmouth that support tube at the left side.
    Illigitimi non Carborundum
    9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade. Now I boil oil

Nice job on the WH install. I'm glad I'm all electric.

What is that panel to the left? Is that part of the ducting? Kind of dangerous having a gas burner close to HVAC stuff. The smallest leak could pull CO into the ducting.

Just thinking out loud.

WOW...

I thought we had a tight space, but that is much tighter. That looks as if it violates the required "space around the device" for both the heater and the furnace.

I just had to get the HWH replaced.... it was a 22 yo "State" heater. started leaking in Tuesday, let go with a very loud "bang" on Thursday. I had to have plumbers do it due to local codes.

In our area, the water pressure is 100psi, and we thought the city might require a pressure reducing valve, but they did not, just an expansion tank (rated for 80 PSI max!!!).

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan