Page 371 of 388 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 3873

Thread: What did you do today?

soak the bearing in agitene, that should dissolve the grease.

Quote Originally Posted by terry_g View Post
    What model of car so I know never to buy one.
    mercury grand marquis. however, just about all cars, and trucks use actuators for climate control. I do a lot of them. this is one of the easier ones!

Probably 8 hours work or more?

Probably 8 hours work or more?
    I'm a bit faster then that. book time is more like 6

I had to pull the dash out of a Ford F750 because the defroster vents were not blowing air.
    Turned out a pen had gone down the defroster vent and jammed things up.
    It took 2 of us 5 hours in total. Not a fun job. Even the seats had to come out.

Terry

I had to pull the dash out of a Ford F750 because the defroster vents were not blowing air.
    Turned out a pen had gone down the defroster vent and jammed things up.
    It took 2 of us 5 hours in total. Not a fun job. Even the seats had to come out.

Terry
    the stuff I've found in ducts crazy. now if they jam, the door breaks, and I have to replace the box.$$$$$$$$

I may be pulling the dash in the '89 Volvo that I am restoring.... The heater/ventilation fan motor need to be at least lubed, and it is buried behind things under there. I hoped to be able to get a "zoom spout" oiler in far enough to do the job without actually pulling too many things apart. I'd be having no choice if I needed to replace the motor.

Not looking forward to standing on my head to work under there.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    +10 on that. The goop in there now needs to all come out, which may not be easy. I have not yet found a cleaning material that works on dried grease. I tried the Pine-Sol that was recommended, but it did not remove all the dried crud, and it did discolor the (non-critical) bearing I tried it on.

I used purple cleaner, which appeared to get the bearing squeaky clean with no discoloration, but it also did not remove all the "dried" grease. However, it might have done if I left the bearing in it longer, and changed the cleaner after a bit, as the grease might have simply used up all the cleaning power..
    Thanks guys, I'll be sure to give that a try first.

Dug out a spot for my AC condenser unit, and leveled off a bunch of gravel for the pad it sits on. Then ran the wire out to it. My HVAC buddy is coming in the morning to run the lines, and get it all working. Will be nice to have central air conditioning this year. When we bought the house there was nothing but electric baseboard, and woodstoves. I put a window ac unit in our bedroom so the wife could sleep during the day (shift worker), then as we added kids, they each got a window unit. 2 years ago I put in new windows in the house, and nothing fit anymore so I didn't bother putting the window units back in last summer. With the addition of a new furnace and ductwork last fall we sprung for central AC too but didn't have a chance to install it before the snow came. Will be so much nicer sleeping without the noise in the bedroom. Will also be nice to cross this off my to-do list

I have some machining and welding to do, but I'll save that for tomorrow. Heading to bed. It was a long day of small odds and ends projects around the house. Just a bunch of small stuff I've been ignoring and putting off for months and years.

3 Phase Lightbulb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    Dug out a spot for my AC condenser unit, and leveled off a bunch of gravel for the pad it sits on. Then ran the wire out to it. My HVAC buddy is coming in the morning to run the lines, and get it all working. Will be nice to have central air conditioning this year. When we bought the house there was nothing but electric baseboard, and woodstoves. I put a window ac unit in our bedroom so the wife could sleep during the day (shift worker), then as we added kids, they each got a window unit. 2 years ago I put in new windows in the house, and nothing fit anymore so I didn't bother putting the window units back in last summer. With the addition of a new furnace and ductwork last fall we sprung for central AC too but didn't have a chance to install it before the snow came. Will be so much nicer sleeping without the noise in the bedroom. Will also be nice to cross this off my to-do list

I have some machining and welding to do, but I'll save that for tomorrow. Heading to bed. It was a long day of small odds and ends projects around the house. Just a bunch of small stuff I've been ignoring and putting off for months and years.
    I wouldn't want to live without central air. Nothing like low humidity cool air inside your home all year round.