Page 266 of 291 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2902

Thread: What did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguzzi View Post
    What are these strange words?
    snowmobile?
    sled?
    snow?
    Those are devices used by people desperate to convince themselves that there is value to freezing weather and so much snow that you can't (shouldn't) go outside. Or so I've heard.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Trying to get time in the shop today, but it has not worked uo to now.....

Spent way too much time working on analysis of a City project requiring "Tax Increment Financing". The Council wants it, and it can't possibly pay for itself, I find. They are in trouble, having loudly promised this for many months.

I am now feeling like kissing the 12 extra people out of 1100 who did not vote for me, so my opponent was elected to take this heat.... I am happy to be out of the line of fire..... But next election there will be serious ammunition against them.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguzzi View Post
    What are these strange words?
    snowmobile?
    sled?
    snow?
    It's something us northern folk can do to pass the time until it's mosquito season again lol.

Snow.... It's white and falls from the sky. Kids love to play in it.

Work hard play hard

Our dog of 16 years died this morning so I had to bury it. It was a tough job in more ways than one. It is 4 F here and dropping. -18 wind chill with 33mph gusts. The ground is frozen and my wife chose a spot at the base of a 2' tree with lots of roots. But, I made a promise to the dog so I was keeping it. I did have to take a couple of breaks to thaw hands and feet out. The pain is really something when the hands start to thaw out. RIP Strawberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
    Our dog of 16 years died this morning so I had to bury it. It was a tough job in more ways than one. It is 4 F here and dropping. -18 wind chill with 33mph gusts. The ground is frozen and my wife chose a spot at the base of a 2' tree with lots of roots. But, I made a promise to the dog so I was keeping it. I did have to take a couple of breaks to thaw hands and feet out. The pain is really something when the hands start to thaw out. RIP Strawberry.
    Sorry about your loss.... You and your wife should now go visit an Animal shelter and give another dog (or cat!) a great new home...
    Work hard play hard

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
    Sorry for your loss. They are like family members. I just went though that 2 years ago and it still hurts.

Sorry to hear that.. 16 yrs is a long time. We are on the other side of the coin.. got a 10wk old pup here for our son. Been about 15 years since my old girl passed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    Sorry about your loss.... You and your wife should now go visit an Animal shelter and give another dog (or cat!) a great new home...
    Thank you. Unfortunately, that is another thing that comes with old age. The cat or dog will outlive the owner so it is not fair to someone else to have to "inherit" them. I really like cats too, and our recent ones were 2 Siamese. One died about a year ago. The other one had surgery a couple of weeks ago and the vet said it had some type of rare cancer that they did not get all of, and would probably only live another 6 weeks. My wife still has a few Llamas at the farm, down from 17. They are pretty old now so that clock is ticking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    Sorry for your loss. They are like family members. I just went though that 2 years ago and it still hurts.
    Thank you. Yes they are like family members and yes it does hurt.