Page 269 of 293 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2927

Thread: What did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
    Put down my cat of 13 years. Feeling pretty crappy all things considered.
    Sorry hear, dreaded when I had to do that, basically a cat I had my entire childhood. Not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    I have sledded in those temps when I was younger,not any more I still ride only in the mountains What model of Sno Jet was it,they had a very fast sled in the early 70's ThunderJet was a rocket.Jim Adema rode Thunder Jets and dominated many classes that he entered,one Race competing against all the Big Factory Teams ,Lapped the whole works.Sadly he was killed on the track in 75.
    I worked for a full year 1972-1973 in the Yukon at Clinton Creek about 60 miles north of Dawson City and had a 1972 Arctic Cat Lynx with a 292cc Kawasaki engine. It wasn't a powerhouse, maxed out at 45 mph but it sure was a sweet ride though the mountains there.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
    Put down my cat of 13 years. Feeling pretty crappy all things considered.
    Dennis, you have my condolences. I lost my two furry kids awhile back and I know the feeling all too well.

Sorry about your cat. My old Sno Jet had the 15 HP Hirth engine in it. Great engine but not real fast. The 12.3 HP. Skidoo could beat me on a run down the lake.
    Brian Rupnow

Sorry for your loss Dennis. I dread the day when this happens at our home.
    I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence

Lewis Grizzard

I can still spin the track on my 72 Olympic 340 twin. Great machine, steering and handling, not so much.
    Cheers,
    Jon

I had to put down my long time canine companion Muttley, in November of 2015. He was only about 11 years old, but he was in pain from arthritic joints, and he had a hard time on the stairs. When he threw up blood, I knew the end was near, and the vet found a mass in his abdomen that was probably cancer, and he would likely not survive exploratory surgery or other treatment. When I took him to the vets for the last time, he seemed to know that I was going to take away his pain, and he went very peacefully.

Not long after that, I got a cat, "Skeeter", and in June 2017 I got my present dog, "Mr Tibbs":

He was estimated to be 12-13 years old when I adopted him. He has had many heath issues and now is on special diet and medications for kidney failure, but has been doing well. He and Skeeter finally learned to coexist peacefully.

Unfortunately, Skeeter got out and went away. My neighbor saw her a few days later, but she never came back.

Condolences on your loss. It isn't easy, but our final act of love is to help them pass on and be free of pain.

Our two love bugs...

Work hard play hard

I had a couple of center drills that wont fit in drill chucks because of the flats on them. They came from Eaton. I must picked them up. So I decided to make a holder. Here is the video.
    https://youtu.be/bx8yryLx_EU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we are posting pet pics