Page 271 of 293 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2927

Thread: What did you do today?

Today I drove about 35 miles each way to pick up a load of 24 packages of compressed wood fuel bricks at the TSC in Aberdeen. Their closer stores were all out or only had like 12. I hope this is the last I will need. I have plenty of wood but these burn much cleaner, hotter, and longer. They often stop stocking them by end of February, but by then hopefully we won't have any more polar vortex nastiness. Friday night 10F:

My dog Mr Tibbs likes the snow. He's mostly German Shepherd but probably some Husky, and maybe a bit of Wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    That vacuum situation is more than just a problem of never being taught to use tools. I would not expect immigrants from some places, including India, to use tools. In India, there are always servants. If you have no servants, and if you do your own work, you are either poor, or you are an anti-social tightwad. There are servants to run the vacuum, no need to know how to use it. You employ servants because the poor have to eat also. True in many places in S America also.

The problem lies in not really being aware of how anything like that works, how to use it, and yes, not having any clue how to fix things, or, perhaps even that they can be fixed. That is not limited to immigrants, but in many places, what we do as a matter of course would mark us as low class servant types. Status requires not doing that sort of work.
    Get out with the racist stereotyping puleeze.
    And the 19th century "servant" garbage.
    Maybe it's your time to actually leave "Fortress USA", get a passport and travel abroad, say, India, and check it out.
    Ya know, the big wide world out there.
    Yes there is poverty, in huge amounts, and a minority rich with said "servants" but also a burgeoning middle class.
    Oh, and believe me, the West throws repairable stuff away compared to India on a scale you would find hard to fathom.
    Nothing is thrown away there, and everything is/can be repaired.
    Jeez.

I was going to stop in and see how Western (Australia, The New Zealand and all of South East Asia (SEA) members are doing? . JR

Seems to be of lil dust up? I would say keep that at home right?? JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

I love Mr Tibbs, would love to give him a big hug. Is that S. Dakota?

Just found out at 6:30 AM on Sunday that my water meter had frozen solid then exploded. Called the water board, they are open monday thru friday from 9am to 430 pm.... lotsa water melting the snow and creating a river in the back yard. The smell in here isn't improving.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
    Just found out at 6:30 AM on Sunday that my water meter had frozen solid then exploded. Called the water board, they are open monday thru friday from 9am to 430 pm.... lotsa water melting the snow and creating a river in the back yard. The smell in here isn't improving.
    I hope your toilet didnít look like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, but it sure does smell after a few days.... I had a -25 wind chill right on the side of the house where the meter is, next to the water heater. The meter was behind 3" of rigid insulation and it froze anyway. The back yard is now a swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguzzi View Post
    Get out with the racist stereotyping puleeze.
    And the 19th century "servant" garbage.
    Maybe it's your time to actually leave "Fortress USA", get a passport and travel abroad, say, India, and check it out.
    Ya know, the big wide world out there.
    Yes there is poverty, in huge amounts, and a minority rich with said "servants" but also a burgeoning middle class.
    Oh, and believe me, the West throws repairable stuff away compared to India on a scale you would find hard to fathom.
    Nothing is thrown away there, and everything is/can be repaired.
    Jeez.
    Stuff it.

You just called me a racist, and that makes you a ******* who should be ********, and ********

What I said is just NORMAL STUFF to folks I know locally who are from SA (Peru and Ecuador) and India. Middle class folks who had servants when they were back home, as a matter of course.

Maybe you do not know as much as you think.
    Last edited by J Tiers; 02-03-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    I hope your toilet didnít look like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's quite the tank your toilet has. Who knew they could make them so transparent? Thankfully they didn't made the rest of it transparent as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
    I love Mr Tibbs, would love to give him a big hug. Is that S. Dakota?
    No, we are in central MD. Today is really nice. temperature about 50F, and much of the snow has turned to mud. You're welcome to stop by and give him a hug, but I don't know where in the world you are, so it could involve quite a trek.

More pictures:

After the snow turns green on St Patrick's Day: