Page 275 of 293 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 2921

Thread: What did you do today?

A friend gave me what he thought was a heater that had broken but still worked and just needed to be put back together, However, I found that it is actually an oscillating tower fan, and might be difficult to fix, although perhaps would be an interesting machining project. Otherwise, maybe I can come up with some way to repurpose it or use some of the parts:

I found a manual for it:
    https://www.honeywellstore.com/store...-tower-fan.pdf

A similar unit is $55 at Target:
    https://www.target.com/p/12110208-ho...g/-/A-12110208

I made 1.2 Imperial gallons of delicious beef stew.

For lunch, I made an open faced turkey sandwich with gravy, but then realized we only have honey ham, so it's actually an open faced ham sandwich with gravy.. It will still good

Work hard play hard

Staying in where it's warm working on Snowbike today,was -44c here this morning.

It's a balmy 62 degrees over here right now Clear blue skies.. An absolutely perfect day in my book.
    Work hard play hard

Quote Originally Posted by danlb View Post
    I ordered a cold saw. The Evolution Rage 3 DB with 10 inch blade, to be exact. It will replace my 15 year old 12 inch chop saw. The DB is for "double Bevel" which allows easy creation of crown molding. It will also do nice cuts on 1/4 inch steel up to 11 inches wide. It will be here Wednesday.

I chose the Rage 3DB because the linear slides will allow it to do everything the older saw does and then a lot more. It will be nice for very clean cuts of tubing and rod. And on top of that it's cheap on Amazon. Now all I have to do is to make a nice stand for it.

Dan
    Here is a stand I built many years ago I like it because you can quickly take the saw off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by true temper View Post
    Here is a stand I built many years ago I like it because you can quickly take the saw off ...
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How heavy and how big a diameter is the brake drum?

I have a bunch of large brake disks, that I wanted to use for stand bases on vises and some other things, but I cannot convince myself they are large/heavy enough to be stable. Maybe if I used two, one over the other just as a weight.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    How heavy and how big a diameter is the brake drum?

I have a bunch of large brake disks, that I wanted to use for stand bases on vises and some other things, but I cannot convince myself they are large/heavy enough to be stable. Maybe if I used two, one over the other just as a weight.
    This looks like a typical HD truck/trailer drum. 60 plus pounds. Working surface, about 16x 7 1/2". I used to buy the heaviest ones I could find for our fleet of garbage wagons. Some were so heavy I could barely handle 'em. Stop by your nearest truck shop/dealership and ask the shop foireman if you can have a couple for grider stands. All truck shop guys have at least 1 grinder on a drum stand.

It’s plenty heavy for the cutoff saw. I have my 2x72 belt grinder mounted on one too., wish it were a bit heavier once in a while. Guess I could pour it full of concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by true temper View Post
    It’s plenty heavy for the cutoff saw. I have my 2x72 belt grinder mounted on one too., wish it were a bit heavier once in a while. Guess I could pour it full of concrete.
    Yup. Ought to hold a whole bag of premix. While you're at it drill and tap the rim for 3 leveling screws.