Page 280 of 293 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2921

Thread: What did you do today?

this weekend I:

- adjusted the garage door spring with the wife's help. It was sagging due to a mix of age and the added weight of insulation on it. Sits flat against the jams now and makes noticeably less noise going up.
    - hung a hammock chair from the ceiling in the room of one of my daughters
    - made hardwood jaw faces for my wood working vise
    - made little "tables" for my mini bender, roller and bench grinder (with drill sharpener!) so I could mount them in my wood working vise
    - turned my old work bench into 2 sets of shelves, one for shoes and one for useful stuff
    - moved the camping stuff out of the shed and into the garage, moved some crap out of the garage and into the shed

next on the list before I can move onto a knife making project is changing the oil in the car and swapping a battery in an iPhone 6.

oh, also watched some episodes of Ozark on Netflix, really neat series with Jason Bateman.

Yup we quite enjoyed Ozark and we are looking forward to the next season!
    Cheers,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    ...next on the list before I can move onto a knife making project is changing the oil in the car and swapping a battery in an iPhone 6.
    Sounds like a busy weekend. I'm glad it's not just me being lumbered with all the trades then. I have some capacitors to replace to try and get something of my son's working again but my favourite is still my mum..."You know about plumbing, don't you!" (no question mark...it too pointed to be an actual question...more like an accusation). "No mum, I work in IT *sigh*". Doesn't stop me being dragged into electrics though....and the moment I ever dare to do any of my own plumbing, I'll be fresh out of excuses!

Time to go buy a load leveler...

I had a stent removed from my left ureter.
    Yes, I do have ALL the fun.
    Len

Rb211 use two slings, adjust as needed .
    2 motorcycle tiedowns may work..
    Last edited by 754; 02-12-2019 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenedd View Post
    Sounds like a busy weekend. I'm glad it's not just me being lumbered with all the trades then. I have some capacitors to replace to try and get something of my son's working again but my favourite is still my mum..."You know about plumbing, don't you!" (no question mark...it too pointed to be an actual question...more like an accusation). "No mum, I work in IT *sigh*". Doesn't stop me being dragged into electrics though....and the moment I ever dare to do any of my own plumbing, I'll be fresh out of excuses!
    yup, that was all the stuff I'd been putting off while building my workbench Thankfully the word hasn't gotten out that I'm fairly handy and all my family is >6000 miles away, so most of my non-family time is my own..

Iím working on an 12Ē Craftsman vertical bandsaw conversion. Step one is building a stand. I gathered up some material I had lying around here is the video on the progress https://youtu.be/1ravt4JdlcA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The video is OK, and the project may be worthwhile, but 15 minutes just to cut and weld a few pieces of bed rail and steel tube is a bit too much. Some of my earlier shop videos are also too long, but now I know that a complete (simple) project can and should be condensed into about 10-15 minutes, or less if possible.

Also, the 4x6 bandsaw can be used in the vertical position, perhaps by adding a table plate and cutting fence. The differences between wood cutting and metal cutting saws seem to be mostly blade width and type, guide bearings, and blade speed. It may be interesting to see what the end result is supposed to be. The drawing at the end of the video doesn't show very much. But thanks for sharing your shop adventures

Other discussion:

https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/...ting-band-saws

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...nd-saw-225681/

http://forums.finewoodworking.com/fi...tting-band-saw

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...nd-saw.804945/

Last edited by PStechPaul; 02-11-2019 at 08:29 PM.

PS Paul, my saw doesnít rotate into vertical position. So Iím stuck with what Iím working with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk